Increasing my milk supply

I am working full time and have a three month old son. I pump twice through out the day and nurse when I am home but do not seem to have a enough milk to feed my sons ever growing hungry. Plus he HATES formula (can you blame him). Help. Any suggestions?

kat5pnt0

Asked by kat5pnt0 at 7:11 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in General Parenting

• There is an herb called Fenugreek that helps increase milk supply.
    crazycats2

Answer by crazycats2 at 7:17 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Can you pump more often at work? Milk production is a supply an demand thing, so the best way to up your production is to increase the demand. You can also try taking fenugreek, drinking mother's milk tea, and eating oatmeal.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 7:18 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Eat oatmeal and drink lots of water.
    Heather881029

Answer by Heather881029 at 8:01 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• oatmeal water and fenugreek really help If yuo dont like oatmeal try oatmeal cookies (I lked having an excuse to eat oatmeal cream pies lOL)
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 8:22 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I tried fenugreek, blessed thistle, oatmeal and mothers milk tea. The only thing that truly works is to pump or nurse more frequently. All the other stuff helps a little. by increasing my pumping I went from 5-6 a day to 11-12 for a few days and then back to my 6 and in a few days I saw a significant increase. Good luck!
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:45 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• fenugreek or oatmeal can help but i would suggest adding another pumping session.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 8:59 PM on Nov. 23, 2008