B/c it's sunday

Has an athiest ever been possessed by a demon? Why does it seem like it's only religious people that are ever taken over by demons. Wouldn't it make more sense from a strictly demon perspective to invade an athiest's body and do your demoning thing that way?

BoundHearts

Asked by BoundHearts at 10:29 AM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• If an Atheist doesnt believe then why would they report being possessed by anything and would they even know? I think the reason it is reported by believers is because they believe.

Answer by gemgem at 10:30 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• How would you know what a demon perspective is?????

Answer by older at 10:30 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• LOL thats a funny question. An Atheist doesnt believe and a demon doesnt exist LOL
    mysons_r_mylife

Answer by mysons_r_mylife at 10:52 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Possession has been known to happen to people in every walk of life and religious affiliation. However, only Christians blame demons. And yes, even Athiests have experienced Spirit possession, just because they don't believe in God doesn't mean they don't believe in spirits or that their lives aren't touched by them.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:16 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• The devil dosnt care about an atheist or a NON believer. They are already going to hell. The devil wants those who follow and believe in God. Simple as that.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:16 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• "The devil dosnt care about an atheist or a NON believer. They are already going to hell. The devil wants those who follow and believe in God. Simple as that. "

WOOHOO!! Did ya hear that?! We are in the CLEAR!!! Thanks satan:) LMAO!
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 11:35 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• LMAO best question ever
    SinfulBliss

Answer by SinfulBliss at 11:41 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Clearly it's because we Atheists are already working With the devil against the Christians, thus he has no reason to send his demons to possess us. DUH! (Heavy sarcasm, if you think I'm serious you need help)
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:44 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Well, by the time I was 18- I would say I was no longer a "believer"
    I got really sick on my 18th birthday with a virus that attacks the nervous system- it made me lose control of some of the things my body was doing. Mostly, I couldn't talk, my head would turn to the side and slightly up no matter how hard I would fight against it, using my hands for things was kinda difficult... anyhow my mom and her side of the family (who pretty much all live in Phx, wehre we were) were convinced after a few days of this that I was posessed. Even after being taken to a doctor, but they were not sure what it was right away, so...they took me to my uncle's house so he could do his version of an excorsim. No lie. I was completely freaked out by this. Anyhow- I remained sick for another week or so after so I'm not sure what their theory was at that point!
    I guess people will believe what they want to believe- you know?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:37 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Great question! I also wonder how many of those religious people are truly taken over by demons OR are they just making a scape-goat OF the demon in order to avoid being responsible for their own behavior?

AlliPerry

Answer by AlliPerry at 1:45 PM on Mar. 13, 2011