My 20 mo.old is constantly trying to get naked and takes her diaper off especially in bed...any advice on getting her to stop?

I change her frequently like every 3 hours even at night if she wakes up. She did just transition into a toddler bed so I didnt know if that has anything to do with it. Thanks!

gigimom82

Asked by gigimom82 at 10:37 AM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We had to purchase some overalls for my daughter when she was that age. The kind with no snaps in the crotch - if you can't find any w/out snaps, then you can sew the crotch shut. Make sure the shoulder straps are not easy to unbuckle, if they are, then you can put the overalls on your baby backwards.

Every time we put my oldest down for a nap or to bed for the night we had to put her in these overalls - we called it "lockdown" - it just became a part of her routine.

It was something we HAD to do after one too many poop smearing fests she had during naptime.
    texassahm

Answer by texassahm at 10:47 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• make the house colder
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 10:39 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• my boys would do that if I left them with the diapers alone. I had to put pants on them so it was more difficult to remove them. It worked for me :)
    mysons_r_mylife

Answer by mysons_r_mylife at 10:54 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• My 2 year old does that too. I put a shirt on that buttons around the dipper so she can't take the dipper off. To keep her pants on I put her shoes on than that way she can't take her pants off. I also heard that when they start doing stuff like that it's time to start potty training.
    momoftwins250

Answer by momoftwins250 at 11:57 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I have had this problem with three of my boys and we found that putting the diaper on backwords during the day helps keep it on and then at night we would use duct tape. This way they cant get it off and eventually they learn that the reason you do this is so they dont take it off and they stop. Good luck to you.
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 12:10 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• My friend had the same problem she would put them in a big sleeper backwards so her son couldnt reach the zipper to undo it and then take his diaper off.
    lil_shannie

Answer by lil_shannie at 1:59 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Put training pants over her diaper... or use duct tape. ;o)
    PprmntMochaMama

Answer by PprmntMochaMama at 10:46 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Thanks ladies...Ive actually tried almost all of your suggestions but they are still appreciated!
    gigimom82

Comment by gigimom82 (original poster) at 10:53 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• i have a 2 year old that does same thing. i started putting shorts or undewear on top of diaper and it worked for me.
    tearinapart

Answer by tearinapart at 10:59 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Thanks so much ladies...I guess Im gonna have to get a big roll of duct tape!
    gigimom82

Comment by gigimom82 (original poster) at 12:16 PM on Mar. 13, 2011