Im pregnant an due at the end of nxt month an im soo terrified I dont know why maybe because of the pain everyone say its gunna be an its really scarin me i do not go good with pain like ive heard it was.. Could someone give me advice to calm down an relax?

Suzzii

Asked by Suzzii at 7:12 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• im horribel with pain and i wont lie to you yes it hurts like hell i was cring and screaming but you can get the epidural it was amazing and i tell you for sure that as soon as your baby is out and you see your baby you dont even remember the pain i promise it goes away like that
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 7:15 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• go to a hypnotheropist or to a Reiki practioner. Other ideas are to read Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin and Birthing from Within by Pam England and Rob Horowitz
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 7:16 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Oh and don't watch any birth shows! And tell people with horror birth stories not to share!
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 7:17 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• It's really not bad. Contractions feel like strong menstrual cramps. If you are planning on getting an epidural, you'll be just fine with the pain. Good luck!
    LaurLaur623

Answer by LaurLaur623 at 7:17 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Here is what I can tell you. It doesnt matter how much it hurts or whether you are ready or not that baby is going to come. So dont stress about the pain. Thats what epidurals breathing techniques and pain meds are for. Focus on how exciting it is to be able to actually stroke your little ones face and kiss the little dimples that form on their elbows and knees. To see their eyes light up with wonder at a flashing sound and your face. I can tell yuo from my experience the moment that baby was laid in my arms my memory of the pain from my pregnancy and labor and delivery quickly began to fade and decome a distant memory. I was overwhelmed with love for my son and still am. And I even had a c-section ;)
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 7:32 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Don't listen to those women with horror stories about how bad it was and all. If you ask, I'll bet you they all have more than one kid, and it it really was as horrible as they say it was, you can bet they wouldn't have done it 2 or 3 or more times! Sure it hurts, but it only lasts a few hours and at the end of it you have a wonderful reward of your own child. You will forget the pain instantly when you see your own darling baby. 20 years down the road you might be one of those women tempted to exaggerate the pain for some terrified young pregnant woman, please remember how scared you were right now, and resist the temptation!
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 8:00 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• and it it really was

**IF it really was**

I meant to say
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 8:03 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• i didn't think it was that bad at all. i started getting contractions at 1 am and it was so fant of a pain that i just layed there for a minute trying to decide if we should go to the hospital, we did though cause we live far away. i had a c-section at 6:50 that next night. i think i had the epidural about an hour before i had them. i had twins by the way. and all i had was a back ache and i coudln't get comfortable that was it. i think it's different for everyone though. good luck!!
    lilybug524

Answer by lilybug524 at 8:17 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• by the way it is absolutly normal to be so scared before delivering, everyone goes through it
    lilybug524

Answer by lilybug524 at 8:19 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• everyone is different. I just had lunch with a friend yesterday who has a 3 month old, she said we scared her to death when she was pregnant with our stories and it wasn't that bad. For me I have babies extremely fast, and my sister on the other hand was in labor for 25 hours. Just go in there knowing that it is going to be tough, and painful, but once your give birth it will all be worth it. It is one of the most beautiful moments in the world holding your baby for the first time.
    maryroses

Answer by maryroses at 8:34 PM on Nov. 23, 2008