A tiny bit of blood on poop?

When my son poops, it's hard. I swear he stores it up for a week. Anyways, the past 2-3 times he pooped, there was a little blood on the poop. I think it's just from him being constipated, what do you think? I don't think it's serious enough to go to the doctor over it, it's only a few drops and he doesn't seem to be in any pain.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• no as long as there isnt a large amount of blood its ok. It is prb from him being constipated. Try a stool softener. My sister gives my nieces mineral oil in a cup of milk mixed really well, it helps them out a lot!!
    annabelle092810

Answer by annabelle092810 at 11:05 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• he drinks a lot of v8 splash, but also likes apple juice so we're taking turns with them. He has gotten better but it's still a few days between poops
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:09 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Continue to encourage water, but also try to introduce fiber rich foods so that this bowel movements are easier to pass. Food such as fruits and vegetabes, as well as high fiber cereals might help.
    My son is not a great fruit/veggie eater, so we give him Fiber plus cereal bars for snacks and we also give him pedisure with fiber.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 11:16 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Water is going to be your key to getting the constipation/hard stools under control. Also as a previous poster stated, fresh fruits are good as well as vegetables of any kind will get things moving along...or other things with a good fiber content. Be sure to check the sodium and sugar content in that V8 Splash he loves so much. A trick to get him to drink water would be to buy La Croix sparkling water. He'll think it's more like soda since it's fizzy & it even comes with a little bit of natural flavor.
    AlliPerry

Answer by AlliPerry at 11:25 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Prunes will help with constipation but are you sure it is not just red from v8.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 3:14 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• ask your doctor
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 11:36 AM on Mar. 16, 2011