Ok. SO i am trying to potty train my son. He is 2 1/2 years old. He really enjoys wearing be kids underware, and I also got him a Lighting McQueen potty seat. I try taking him to the potty almost ever 15 mins to get the idea in his head that he need to use the potty. So any advice from you moms out there would be great.. Thanks in advance Jennie

Jennalou

Asked by Jennalou at 11:29 AM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son is 2 an he loves getting a sticker for his potty chart i got for him.. i also give him a piece of candy when he goes as well..
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 11:32 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Something I did that worked well was I took them with me when I had to go potty. Kids learn by example. My daughter was potty trained at 18 months. It took my son a little bit longer but he was trained by the time he was 3. I think the biggest thing is to have patience with him. Oh and if you make a HUGE deal about it when he does go potty...You know really praise him...It'll go a long way.

P.S. I LOVE the Lightening McQueen potty seat!
    AlliPerry

Answer by AlliPerry at 11:39 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• We are using a sticker reward chart and if my DD gets 4 stickers in a day then she gets to do something special before bed (board game, puzzle, dessert, movie, etc). This system is working very well for us. She has also told me on many mornings when she gets up "no more diapers, just my big girl panties". So whatever we have been doing is working well. I don't want to reward with a treat or candy after each success b/c I don't want to associate going pee with a food reward. The stickers and something fun are a great option for our house and the special reward are good for fostering one on one time with Mommy and Daddy.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:26 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Rewarding with stickers is a good idea.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 4:48 PM on Mar. 13, 2011