DOES ANYONE OWN A KINDLE OR NOOK??

TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHICH ONE IS A BETTER BUY?

SimplyJassy

Asked by SimplyJassy at 11:52 AM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Technology

• I have a NOOK and love it. As far as which is better, here is a great link that compares the two :) http://ireaderreview.com/2009/10/20/kindle-nook-comparison/

Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 11:58 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I have a NOOK and I love it. They just came out with Nook Color so you can view your magazines in color. I don't have that but I still LOVE my nook. I am an avid reader and it saves me money per book...some I've even gotten for free...and it saves the piles of books taking up space in my house. Also when you go into a Barnes & Noble store, they have books you can read while in store for free. Also, if it's a store that has a Starbucks in it like my local store, sometimes you get coupons for free coffee or free muffin or something on the NOOK and all you have to do is show that to the barista. Oh and when you travel, instead of packing books to read on the flight, you've got your NOOK.
    AlliPerry

Answer by AlliPerry at 11:57 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• i own the Nook...you can have music on it, borrow books from the library, share books with friends that have the Nook, highlight and make notes in books, make different shelves for different books, listen to audio books, play games (it comes with sudoku and chess), get online via wireless internet, and it's all touch screen

i was looking into both as well, and the fact you can borrow books from the library on the Nook and not the Kindle, sold me. i don't have all the money in the world to buy every book i want to read, and it saves gas so i don't have to go to the library every time. if you go this route, check your library to make sure they have alot of ebooks available first. i love my Nook. there are 3 different kinds, one with just wireless, $150 one with wireless and 3G (where if you don't have wireless, it uses that instead to get online, like a cell phone), $200 and one with both and it's color, $250
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:58 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I have the Nook Color and LOVE it!! Even though when you are reading it is obviously just black and white, but everything else, including Internet is in color! It also has the "Lend Me" feature which is transferring books you have bought to other users for 2 weeks, I believe. Keeping in mind though, that not all books you buy have the Lend Me feature. But I absolutely recommend the Nook Color!!

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 12:01 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I have the Kindle and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• I have a kindle, but wish I had the nook color.
    Inloveagain

Answer by Inloveagain at 12:29 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I have Kindle app on my phone and LOVE it! Have a friend that has the kindle app and Nook and she uses both but says there isnt much difference for standard reading a book.
    pammomof9

Answer by pammomof9 at 11:00 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I can't speak to the Nook but I have a Kindle and I love it; I have yet to pay for an eBbook! Last time I checked, they had over 200,000 free titles!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:01 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I love my nook color. It has all I need and I love downloading magazines.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:21 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• i have the kindle and i really like it.
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 10:47 PM on Mar. 14, 2011