Anyone else having issues with naps with time change?

Amanda11810

Asked by Amanda11810 at 11:54 AM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well here it is noon so i am getting ready to feed the kids and we will see if we have any problems with naps after that. I will say that only one seems like he is ready for a nap though.
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 11:59 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• My one year old has no problem but my 2 year olds are getting to that age where they don't really want to take naps in the morning and they want to take it in the afternoon.
    momoftwins250

Answer by momoftwins250 at 11:59 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• We will soon see. I am giving her lunch late so that it will have be the same time as normal for her tummy and nap time will probably be an hour later as well. We will see what happens this afternoon with Daddy b/c I will be at work.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:05 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• nope. just lay them down at the normal time...
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:05 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Naps don't happen in my house but I'm wondering what tonight is going to be like.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 12:19 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• No, I adjusted the morning nap by 1/2 hour and we're adjusting the afternoon nap by 1/2 hour, by bedtime they'll be right back on schedule.

Answer by missanc at 2:18 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• We always do. I usually adjust the time (forward or back depending on which time change it is) about 15-20 minutes per day for about a week until he gets used to the new time. Sometimes I even start the process a day or two before the actual time change. I like DST once we adjust to it, but I always dread the change.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 2:53 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Yes! DST urgh!
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 4:46 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Not with the nap time. My 2 1/2 year old slept 3 hours! However, going to bed was a challenge. He didn't want to get ready for bed until it was dark outside. =)
    KJohnson4762

Answer by KJohnson4762 at 9:40 PM on Mar. 13, 2011