Families of exes

Just out of curiosity... how many of you have stayed friends (whether it's just on facebook or more than that) with the families of ex-boyfriends? Or even just of ex-friends?

I have stayed friends with my high school boyfriend's family - I have his mom and his sister on facebook and talk to them fairly often, and I've also seen them once in awhile in the past few years.
I also used to have a male best friend in high school, who stopped talking to me altogether when I had my son. We aren't even facebook friends or anything anymore. But, I have his sister on facebook, and I was so excited to see her and their parents at my best friend's wedding last year. I honestly miss them a great deal more than I miss that old friend.

AdensMama0308

Asked by AdensMama0308 at 11:56 AM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• I still have a little bit of a relationship with my ex's family. I have known them longer than I actually dated him. I met his family when I was 10 so I have known them for over 20 years and I watched his sister grow up to a beautiful young woman and his grandmother likes me more than she likes him. His great grandmothers dying wish was for he and I to get back together but that never happened and will never happen. He was incredibly verbally and emotionally abusive.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:59 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Honestly not me.. My relationship purely depends on how it goes my friend or.. The word ex for me means ex with the family as well...
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 12:00 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Our town is so small that we cant afford to harbor ill feelings. Lol! I don't have a lot of exes, but the couple that I do I speak to amicably and I still speak in a friendly manner to their families. They will call me with questions or favors every once in a while, too. Then again, we were so young when the break ups happened that it was impossible for it to be too bitter and nasty. They trust me, I trust them...we're all "good people", it just didn't work out.

I feel the same way about the exes of my family members. For example, my uncle was married to my "aunt" from the time I was 5, and they had kind of a nasty divorce (from both sides)...BUT what kind of wife or husband the person is does not change the way they treated me as their niece. Not every relationship will last, but in my opinion, the people involved shouldn't have to lose friends and family over it.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:07 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• ZERO!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:03 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I am good friends with my ex-boyfriend. We dated over nine years ago and have remained friends ever since. I have his Mom, Brother, and Sister on my facebook page. He doesn't use his FB page, so that's why he's not on there.

I have another exboyfriend on my facebook, but we never talk .. Scratch that he never talks. Oh well.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:06 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I AM VERY CLOSE TO MY EX JERKS FAMILY BUT IM ONLY REALLY CLOSE TO ONE OF HIS AUNTS AND WE TALK ALL THE TIME SHE COMES TO SEE MY KIDS AND VISITS US BUT THE REST OF THE FAMILY DONT BOTHER WITH MY KIDS AT ALL...SO SHE IS THE CLOSEST ONE TO US...
    lena695

Answer by lena695 at 4:47 PM on Mar. 13, 2011