Can anyone else not wait till their kids grow up and move out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Just for Fun

• i can't wait but at the same time i can wait...kwim?
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:07 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I can't even imagine it! Then again my daughter is not even 3. ;)
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 12:09 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Be careful what you wish for! The silence is deafening.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:10 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I have never stood this kind of mentality, I never have and never will, I wished my kids could stay with me forever, but I know that is not the cycle of life, but that I couldn't wait???I don't get how you can bond and love someone and then want them to go away, the only reason I would want them it is because it is good for them and I am not going to be around forever, but truly want them never........

Answer by older at 12:11 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I love silence. The kid won't be quiet for 2 minutes! Besides...if I want noise I can always turn on the TV.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:11 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Of course I can wait. I enjoy watching my kids grow and learn. Now there are times I look fondly to the future and I appreciate the fact that there will be a time when they are grown and living their own lives, but then there are time I wish we could go back and they were babies again. I try to appreciate every time in their lives because I know it is a gift from God.
    Crystal750

Answer by Crystal750 at 12:14 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• OP: I am with you!!! I LOVE the quiet. When you have raised a child on your own for his entire life, them reaching 18 is amazing! I can NOT wait. I love my son, but I am ready for some freedom too. Knowing my son, he will be living with me forever.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:14 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Me! As long as I know he is safe and succeeding in life. If he was struggling it would be harder.

lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:14 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I too love quiet, but I love my kids more
    Crystal750

Answer by Crystal750 at 12:15 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• LOL! I agree. Mine are 22 and 25 and were both out of the house by the time they were 19. I tell them are welcome to visit anytime, but they are not staying!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:18 PM on Mar. 13, 2011