Anyone think a scoop of hot chocolate mix will make protein shakes taste better?

i have this jar of whey protein powder. none of the flavors taste good but i drink them anyway. the one i have now is chocolate and i blend it with milk. i tried blending peanut butter with it but it didn't really help much flavor wise. i tried ice cream and that was really good but we don't have any ice cream right now. what we do have is a lot of hot chocolate mix. i was thinking it might work. i'm not drinking these to lose weight. i drink them after a workout cause i'm a vegetarian and your body absorbs protein better after a work out. anyone think it will make it taste better or do you think it's a bad idea?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 PM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Yeah, i think it would make it taste better. If it is hot chocolate mix though, it won't mix in well with cold fluids. But, if it's like "quick" chocolate drink mix, then yes....that would definitely add better flavor to it.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:17 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• So you'd be adding chocolate to chocolate? There's only one way to find out how it will taste and that's to try it.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 12:33 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• the thing is the shake does not taste like chocolate. it tastes like chalk
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:34 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• A scoop of hot chocolate makes most things taste better. Will adding defeat your goal, probably.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:35 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I can't tolerate the protein powders now, but in the past, I too tried to add things to flavor them. I tried bananas and I also tried Nutella. What about some lemon juice, cinnamon or something like that??
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:36 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• my goal is to get my protein for the day. i'm only 109 lbs lol, i don't need to lose weight. i just need protein that i can tolerate
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:38 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• no lemons and i just ran out of cinnamon. i used it in my oatmeal this morning :(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:39 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• You can use a small amount of chocolate syrup and use nonfat milk, using milk instead of water makes them more bearable.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:09 PM on Mar. 13, 2011