What kind of crafts do you do with your 2 year old?

I was just wondering what kinds of crafts you do with your child cause all I can think of is coloring, stamping, putting stickers in a book and playing with play-doh. Is there anything else?

momoftwins250

Asked by momoftwins250 at 12:33 PM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• painting, playing in cool whip or pudding. I'm a big fan of mess!
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:36 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Don't know if you have it but there's this great channel called Baby first tv. If you don't you can find it online. That channel is great. It shows lots of crafts and stuff that can get kids involved like making crafts with cereal and stuff, really inventive and fun stuff.. Check it out.
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 12:36 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I tend to avoid it at home just because crafts aren't my thing, however, we go to an early years centre and we do gluing, cutting with scissors (although that's a developing skill) and painting on top of what you've already listed.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 12:37 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I made cut out sugar cookies and used food dye and powder sugar to make paint and let my kids have a ball, sometimes we made X-mass ornaments out of them.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:45 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• stickers, baking cookies, easter can do easter eggs, make birthday cards for family members and save till you need them, my girls love their wii or leapster games, michaels has a good line of items to do like lace cards, my girls did their color a pillowcase or tote bag, decorate t shirts for the summer with fabic markers, color wonder, lots of wooden items to paint, cermics and can paint animal or even ice cream cones. Go to your local craft store and should have lots of ideas to choose from. Also mag and website family fun mag. by disney as lots of crafts and games and things to keep kids busy.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 1:28 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• color, paint, sidewalk chalk, make cookies, paint Easter eggs, pretty much anything at that age
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 2:05 PM on Apr. 2, 2011