Women that had to be induced for your first pregnancy...

Did you ever go in labor on your own any pregnancies after that? I had to be induced with my first at 41 weeks b/c I was showing no signs of labor. I'm 29 weeks now and am curious if I may have to be induced after 40 weeks again this time or if my body could possibly go into labor on its own.

ABPeterson

Asked by ABPeterson at 12:41 PM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• With my first I was induced. The second was a natural labor all on it's own.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:44 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• IDK, the one is all I've had :P
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:45 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Each time is different. I wouldn't worry about it at this point. It is possible that you could go into labor on your own.
    AlliPerry

Answer by AlliPerry at 12:45 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• With my first, I was induced due to toxemia. With my 2nd, I was induced again for the same reason, but that time I went into the hospital dilated to a 2, which means my body was doing something on its own. We will see this time, but I have a feeling it will go like last time.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:52 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Well every pregnancy is differant. With my first pregnancy i was induced at 36 weeks because i had bad asthma with my second i went naturaly at 33 weeks but that was with twins and they had to break my water. With my third i was at 1 cm till 41 weeks and 3 days so they induced me and with my 4th i went naturaly but again had to have my water broken for me.
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 12:52 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• First was induced, and still wouldn't progress.....Second was spontaneous labor 5 weeks early. Each pregnancy is different. Just be patient.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 12:54 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I was actually a pre term labor case every time even though I ended up induced with my first..
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:19 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Yes, I did.
    I had learned a lot in-between.
    Like that the average first pregnancy is 41 weeks, 1 day.
    And that a due date is the MID-point within the average (estimated) due period (38-42 weeks).
    If there is no problems, it's important to avoid unnecessary intervention for health and safety.

Remember that you do not need to show "signs" of labor before doing it.
    When your body is ready to labor it will!
    If there are no complications then intervening in the normal process is more risky than waiting.

After that first induced labor, I birth spontaneously (MUCH more easily) at 41-43 weeks.

Good luck!

doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:45 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• You can go into labor on your own. Hang in there Momma and good luck to you too!
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 5:11 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I was induced with my first baby when i was 38 weeks due to having preeclampsia. I went into labor with my 2nd and 3rd babies on my own at 38 weeks and 39 weeks. I had to be induced with my 4th baby at 39 weeks, but that was for medical reasons.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 5:21 PM on Mar. 13, 2011