This is a sample of what our new front door window is like, would you cover it?

I noticed with the lights on, you can still see inside, sorta. Just getting ideas, but what would you do with it? I hate to cover it with a curtain because it's so pretty.

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 12:47 PM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Home & Garden

• No- I have a similar glass door with side panels...but when I stand on my front porch, I am NOT able to accurately see inside D/T the obscured glass.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:54 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I wouldn't cover it ... I don't think people will be able to see much anyway!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 12:50 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• On the inside you could get that stuff at lowes that's just a privacy film. You won't see it on the outside, so the look of the window won't be compromised, but they won't be able to see in at all... It comes in a roll and it can be easily removed...

http://www.lowes.com/pd_250638-74130-PRP78_0__?productId=1071723&Ntt=window+film&pl=1¤tURL=%2Fpl__0__s%3FNtt%3Dwindow%2Bfilm
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:56 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Maybe just a roman shade that you can pull down just at night if anything. But I wouldn't cover it unless you have nosy neighbors and a habit of walking around naked.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 12:49 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Gosh NO!! Thats a bueatiful door!!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:50 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• i 'd leave it
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 12:52 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• My neighbor has a door similar to that. You really can't see inside. She babysits my son and he runs to the door and tries to look out and I try to look in and unless you are right up agains the door, you can't see a thing and even when you are right up against the door, you can only see distorted images.
    The door is beautiful, I would just leave it alone.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 12:55 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• My door is almost exactly like that. We don't have anything covering it. Unless you have a creeper right up at your door, people far away really can't see much of anything inside.
    woodit2u

Answer by woodit2u at 1:12 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• We had a front door exactly like that and you really can't see in, you just get the illusion of it thanks to the cut and frosted glass. I wouldn't cover it up, it's very pretty.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:15 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I'd leave it as is! The glass isn't crystal clear so anyone looking in is only going to see shadows and blurs.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:15 PM on Mar. 13, 2011