Have you ever eaten a meal that was horrible just so you wouldn't hurt someone's feelings?

I have. lol. Forcing and faking it...not fun.

GIswife

Asked by GIswife at 7:34 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Just for Fun

• lol ya anything my sister cooks lol shhhhh she is a horrible cook lol i guess it skipped a sister lol
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 7:36 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• no. i would never eat anything that i dont like. i expect people to be honest about my cooking so i will be honest too. its not like they gonna die just because you didnt like the food.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:38 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Yup. Not long after my dh and I moved in together (we'd only been dating 2-3 months, tops) he cooked me breakfast in bed. French toast. That wasn't quite cooked through the center. I ate it without complaint, although I don't know how the heck I managed that without gagging.

Such is new love, lol.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:55 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Everytime I cook.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 8:14 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Yup, some friends invited us over for dinner and we had to stop on the way home because they didn't cook enough nor did it taste good.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:25 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• lol
    GIswife

Answer by GIswife at 8:31 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• OMG!!!! Yes!!! Last year, my hubby was deployed through the holidays, and I'd made an acquaintance with a fellow military wife. She came over for Thanksgiving, and brought food, out of courtesy, I guess. It would've been more courteous of her to have left that mess at her own house, though, because not only did it taste nasty, it stunk up my whole kitchen-- no lie!!!! It took about 3 days to get the smell out of my kitchen, because I had to keep washing the dishes that the food came in (I didn't have the heart to tell her how nasty it was, and she thought she was being nice by letting me keep the leftovers).
    dorky_goddess

Answer by dorky_goddess at 8:39 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• YES! My sister- in- law made some stew and it was horrible! She was so proud of it though so we all just ate what we could and when her back was turned we fed it to the dogs...or should say tried to feed it to the dogs even they didn't want it!
    mom2angelz

Answer by mom2angelz at 8:43 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• my aunt she is a horrible cook, oh and my mil chili i actually had to be honest with my dh about that one no matter if i hurt his feelings or not. who puts raw bacon, carrots, celery and green beans in chili? i thought it was gross!!!!
    sdeignan

Answer by sdeignan at 9:07 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Me no, but my kids suffer and go through this everytime I attempt to cook!
    jusBreathe

Answer by jusBreathe at 8:43 AM on Jan. 3, 2009