So I have pain, it's not going anywhere, how do I manage??

I need my left ovary removed. I am in pain usually most of the month. Especially during my period. When I go to work, I go home and cease to function. It takes everything out of me. My back, sides, and pelvis throb, and my ankles swell from it too. I'm so tired of not living life because of the pain. My kids are used to playing board games, watching movies, and coloring to spend time with me when I'm laid up. I still work and clean and stuff, but it drains me really bad. I can't get surgery for awhile due to money issues. I need some ideas to manage my pain and function during the day. To keep up energy.

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 1:07 PM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Health

• An NSAID like Aleve should help some. To get the prescription dose of over-the-counter Aleve, take 2 instead of 1 (as per my pharmacist's advice). Hope you feel better...
    AlliPerry

Answer by AlliPerry at 1:22 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I had a cyst and left ovary removed but still once a month in so much pain I took care of my girls on my hands and knees. I had a whole hytermentay and never a problem again. That might help you out but till then what worked for me was a heat pad and even used those heat pads for cramps that just stick to your underwear and can wear when you go out and no one will know your wearing them. keep ankles propped up and that might help with the swelling. Not much else helped me except for the surguray and glad I did. Hang in there and I will help any way I can and just let me know cause I have been there myself.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 1:23 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Thanks, but I've been taking it every day like that for three months, and now my stomach is ripped apart and I'm bleeding out the other end. Little side effect in the small print. LOL But thank you for answering. :)
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 1:24 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• might be something you really need checked out since bleeding might be something with your colon.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 1:29 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I hope you can get the medical side of things looked at asap. In the meantime, meditation is the only thing I can offer other than what has already been mentioned.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 1:40 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• *hug* Sorry you're dealing with that. Bumping for you.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 1:51 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Oh
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 10:57 PM on Mar. 13, 2011