(tmi question) do you bleed more w more blood clots on your period in your 30's or is it my birth control... adult content

Im 33 and on loestin 24 (think that is how you spell it). i have my period last few days and today omg..i have (tmi) huge blood clots. my gf said it is cause im in my 30's. or is it the birth control? ugh! thanx ladies. srry its TMI for your very polite types!!

dancingthrulife

Asked by dancingthrulife at 1:12 PM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Health

• I started bleeding more clots in my late 30's. They put me on progestron for 3 months and that helped for about a year. When I was 43 it was out of control and I had a procedure to scrape my uterus (some big fancy name, like endomitrial ablation or something). The result was no more periods....that was 6 years ago....woohoo....
    Fostermomto16

Answer by Fostermomto16 at 1:16 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I have that too. I'm almost 31. My tubes are tied. I get light headed and weak, I'm usually in bed the first day of my period.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:17 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I'm 40, and I've been having more clots the past few years.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:01 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I will be 44 in a few days and I have noticed more clots in the last 2-3 years. It doesn't really bother mne but I have found that i I use tampons I get serious cramps because of the clots and as soon as I take the tampon out and everything "slear out" then I am fine.
    Anonymous

• they r huge..sometimes i have to double check and make sure its not a baby i miscarried!
    dancingthrulife

Comment by dancingthrulife (original poster) at 8:09 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• to anonymous woman who likes tampons..i fliping hate them..had a accident with them when i was a freshman in HS. all set w them now...pads for me..thinking of using cloth pads again...
    dancingthrulife

Comment by dancingthrulife (original poster) at 8:12 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Na 30 is too young an age to bleed like that..
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 10:57 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• i breast feed. thinking this may be the reason. it is getting ready to finish up.
    dancingthrulife

Comment by dancingthrulife (original poster) at 9:19 AM on Mar. 14, 2011