Does anyone have any good MIL (mother in law) storie?s

Just wondering if anyone has a good mother in law story?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 PM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• Of course! MIL's aren't evil, they are just people trying to figure it all out....I have both good and bad stories....One good story is how my MIL listened to me as I thought I was losing my mind on the night my SIL on my side of family died by suicide...I needed someone to talk to and called her long-distance, and she helped.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 1:36 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I have an awesome MIL. She's always been wonderful to me.
    KWnavywife

Answer by KWnavywife at 1:37 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Depends if we're talking MIL or Step-MIL. My step MIL and I are like two peas in a pod. My MIL while not evil or bad does tend to irritate me with due to her being stubborn in regards to certain things. I would love to have a better realationship with her but it is difficult because I find certain things completely unacceptable and she sees no problem with it.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:40 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• As a matter of fact my MIL was a godsend just last night during my daughter's birthday party. Earlier in the week my daughter was diagnosed with strep. Friday my hubby got the same symptoms and had not been on the antibiotics for 24 hours yet so was still contagious. Without my MIL at the party I'd have been a wreck. While I was helping corral kids in Build-a-Bear she had gone down to the food court and placed the food orders for the kids so it would be cooked and cooled off by the time we got there. She is a WONDERFUL woman and I'm lucky to have her around when needed.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:44 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Thank GOD I have my MIL...since I disowned my own mother years ago! :o)

At 78 years YOUNG (and a widower) she is the only grandparent our children need...she rocks!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:44 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Mom is THE best MIL there is. I am so very Blessed! She is amazing. And so is Dad (FIL)!
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 1:48 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• @LoriKeet - You sound like me!
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 1:49 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• OMG! I have a MIL story:

My DH went to TX and brought her back to live with us in GA for awhile. Since she couldn't fly, he had to rent a van and drive her from TX all the way back to GA. So they arrived late one evening and I was sitting at the computer. She walks in & I turn around to greet her but before I could get a "Hello" out of my mouth, looking all distressed she rather yells at me, "I've gotta PEE". So I pointed to the half-bath and said "There's the bathroom right there." She quickly makes her way into the bathroom, drops her undies & then my jaw drops! She didn't shut the door. I was just in shock.

Living by herself she didn't ever bother to close her own bathroom door so we had to constantly remind her that we didn't want to walk by and see her 70 year old self on the toilet. LOL.
    AlliPerry

Answer by AlliPerry at 2:00 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• My MIL told me when I got married to buy a heavy iron skillet and keep it handy when her son got out of line.She and my FIL fought constantly during the early years of their marriage. When my hubby and I were divorced she told me that no matter what I would always be her daughter.We were still close as mother and daughter when she passed away.
    grammawjo

Answer by grammawjo at 2:15 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• when we first got married
    she tried to take our paychecks
    and handle our money for us
    sign #1 she has issues
    we gave her chance after chance
    now she is an awesome MIL
    because she has no clue where we live
    or our phone #s
    Anonymous