How did you get proposed to?

From your SO, DH, or even an ex =P

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 1:54 PM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Just for Fun

• My ex interrupted Grey's Anatomy to ask me. He thought he'd made me cry... but I was already crying because of the show. :P
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 1:57 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• My DF proposed on christmas this last year. He had just got back from working in Hawaii And I opened up the dolphin the ring was in and went awe how cute then he asked me to marry him and the only thing that came out of my mouth for at least 5 minutes was "Your Lying" lol. It was my very last present to open.
    JordonMichelle

Answer by JordonMichelle at 1:57 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• lol thats cute adensmama0308
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 2:01 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• My husband and I were just talking about our future and decided we were serious, and agreed mutually to get married.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:02 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• We had been talking about it and looking at historical places around the area (I love history and all it involves). My parents came down to visit and he took off with his friends which I thought was weird, he usually sticks around when they visit. My parents were unusually cool also which should have tipped me off. We all met up later and went to the church we ended up getting married in and as we were walking out he called my name and he was on one knee with a ring proposing. He had of course already asked my parents if he could marry me (he is old fashioned) and had been with his two best men buying the ring when he was "missing". In fact the entire trip my parents made was part of the plan.

Answer by gemgem at 2:15 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Took me to the restaurant we had our first date in (local pizza place), then said "no, this isn't right" and took me to the nicest restaurant in town and proposed to me before dessert. I definitely thought he was crazy taking me out of a restaurant we both liked to go somewhere else, but I was working a lot of weekends and we hadn't been out on an weekend evening date in a while so I assumed he was trying to make it special, just didn't realize how special!

Answer by missanc at 2:22 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• my husband asked me on mothers day morning, he had our daughter give me the ring box and everything :)
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 2:30 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I was at home and DH walked in the door with a box. He told me it was from his Aunt Mary for his birthday. He started acting weird and started pushing the box around nervously .. I'm like "Well are you going to open it?" So he gets down on the floor beside me and asks me to come down with him. I joke "Can't open it by yourself?" And when I get down there he pulls a velvet box out of the shipping box and asks me to marry him. On the box it said "Mary [insert our last name]" ... Get it it was asking on the box itself, but he had to explain that to me later. Haha He had planned it all out .. It was soo sweet.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:31 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• We were working in Italy in two different towns. I was in Rome visiting my sweetie on 14 Feb, and we spent the entire day meandering the streets and wound up on the steps of the Roman Forum in the afternoon, with the site nearly to ourselves. He pulled out a Valentine Card and a box of chocolate that he'd bought in the USA a month before (!) and when I opened the card he'd written, "Will you be my Forever wife?" I shrieked in utter surprise and looked at him, and there he was with a ring for me. (I shrieked so loudly that a nearby group of Australians rushed over to see if I was OK, and once they saw what was going on they were the first to offer congratulations...).
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 3:59 PM on Mar. 13, 2011