How does a Stay at home mom of a 2 year old and housewife make friends in a new city?

I have friends but all live 5 or more hours away. We are all in our mid 20's and can not afford to visit. I need to make new friends but have no clue as to how to find any. I've been here almost a year and don't have any friends. It's getting lonely.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• go to parks and play groups to meet other moms- my sister had your problem until she became very active in her community (w/ her 3 kiddos-all under age 4btw-), hope that helps/is possible

is there any time for you to take a class somewhere, maybe like another language or something- that way you can also meet other adults..
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 2:38 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Join playgroups. you can search online for ones in your city. Also at the libraries, community centers there will be ads for playgroups.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:37 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• After I had my little one, meeting people got really easy. We get out to the library, parks, market, free children's events, pools and play places as well as a music program. I often see the same people, especially when it's a weekly event and will strike up a conversation. Most of what we do doesn't cost anything but we're busy.

Good luck! It's no fun being lonely.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 2:41 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Swimming lessons, gymnastics lessons, and Babies R Us. All places your child will love and there will be moms there. Just strike up a conversation and before you know it they will be asking for your number.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 2:42 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• You can join groups on Cafemom. I joined one on here for Palm Beach Mommies and we meet on a regular basis. About once a week or more. I also belong to a mommy and me group on Facebook. Good luck!( I know how lonely it can get)
    msfila1980

Answer by msfila1980 at 2:57 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• look for moms on there to gather and get to now and have play dates
    sunflowerbeth

Answer by sunflowerbeth at 3:00 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• You can google MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers), they have groups in most cities. I met most of my friends either through church Bible study, or at my kids preschool.

Answer by missanc at 3:19 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Try the mommiesnetwork.com and look for a mom group in your area.
    KWnavywife

Answer by KWnavywife at 2:51 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Playdates!
    PrincessStacy

Answer by PrincessStacy at 3:29 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• No clue. I'm a SAHM with a 5 year old, 2.5 year old and an 8 month old. I don't know how to be social anymore, I'm a hermit now.
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 5:12 PM on Mar. 13, 2011