Dose anyone now how to stop my little girl from goin hard #2s that hurt up date adult content

madison is 2yold it took her day and the next morning and she was hurting she was trying to go #2 and and when she did it was rock hared i gave her stuff to go but i think she isafraed to go cause it hurts so bad i have think that i cant take the pain a way im not sure if ibproffin will help with pain please anyone can help?????

thank u all for the help she is doin better and last night it was not hared it was creamy sorry for the details!  but it still hurts her to go she has a doc. apt on the 22nd will keep posted 

sunflowerbeth

Asked by sunflowerbeth at 2:42 PM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would feed her prunes and lots of leafy greens today, should help by tonight.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 2:43 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Poor girl. :( I'm sure she's not eager to go again if she hurts that bad. Anything that can soften her stool (like prunes as the pp suggested) are a great idea. You may need to adjust her diet as well to try to avoid a repeat of constipation.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 2:47 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• prune juice works for my 2yo daughter. Just don't give her too much
    msfila1980

Answer by msfila1980 at 2:54 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Good grief. Quit giving her milk (it causes constipation), and cut back on the meat (or cut it out completely- also causes constipation). Feed her fresh fruits and veggies, she just needs more fiber.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:55 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• If all else fails, give her licorice. Black licorice, if she'll eat it.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 2:55 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• My girl is on mirlax and has been she is was two and now she is six. It will make it softer to go and a childrens doctor told her to use a bench when going and that helps. If not potty trained than lay them down and pedal their legs like a bike. Also cut back on dairy products till the problem passes. Also more fiber and I give my girl fiber gummies which really helps her.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 3:25 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• thank u all i will try evrey thing u guys have told me just pray and keep fingers crossed!!!! it works

sunflowerbeth

Comment by sunflowerbeth (original poster) at 4:15 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Prunes usually work, if not ask your doctor.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 4:41 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• ok thank u
    sunflowerbeth

Comment by sunflowerbeth (original poster) at 6:51 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• We also have to use Mirlax every once in awhile. We only have to use 1/4 dose but it works everytime! Good Luck
    lillysmama2008

Answer by lillysmama2008 at 1:47 PM on Mar. 14, 2011