HOW LONG :0( ?

M husband and i had a disagreement hes been gone 2 days now. if your man leaves to cool, whats the logest he waas gone and did he cut all communications? how did you know if he was coming back, what hints did you get? has the intensity of the subject in the arguement made some times longer?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• Honestly, that has never happened but... he is your husband he has to come back eventually..
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 2:48 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I'm sorry you're in this situation. Thankfully, my dh and I haven't ever been so angry that one of us has left.

Although I'm not a believer in ending a relationship without giving it a really good chance at working, is this the type of relationship you want to have? If not, are the two of you willing to work it out? If both of you aren't committed to that, you may need to end things. :(
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 2:51 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Im not sure what you mean by that can you elaborate? Im sure there have been some that have not.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:51 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• In my first very short marriage my husband did that. Was gone for several day (long before cell phones were a normal thing) during which time we had no communication. I did not have any idea if or when he was coming back. I did however decide this is not the way I planned to live; hence the very short marriage.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:52 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• That has never happened to me, when he HAS left to cool down, he usually goes to the store, a friends house or his mom's and unless he has to work that night, he's back within a couple of hours...if he DOES have to work, he's back by the next morning...and he's always called to let me know where he is, or he's told me before he left where he's going. I'm sorry this has happened to you but like khf22 said, he has to come back eventually.
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:52 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• My husband has never left like that.
    KWnavywife

Answer by KWnavywife at 2:52 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• This is a common coping skill for men. Im not to worried about whether we will last, just how long hell come home and trying to see how other moms have dealt with it and thier experience.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:53 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Just enjoy the time alone :)
    mommerbean

Answer by mommerbean at 2:53 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I'm in the same boat. SO and I had a fight ;ast night, left home at 8 came back at 3am, and we're still not talking.
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 2:54 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• we fought once before we got married and it was bad enough that he went to a friends house to stay the night, he kissed me when he left and said he needed to be alone, his friend came and got him at about 9 and he was back by 9am the next day.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:55 PM on Mar. 13, 2011