Home business ideas

I posted this question before and there was a lot of bickering. I would like your ideas for some home business ideas. I want to work for myself from home. I am not interested in CEOmoms or home party companies. I am not looking to sell someone elses product but interested in ideas for my own product or service. Please send me your ideas and please no sending it Anon. I would like to message you my thanks personally.

CharityTipton

Asked by CharityTipton at 2:51 PM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Money & Work

• What can you do? Can you sew, knit, crochet...etc....you could make money selling things you make.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 2:53 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• If you are in an area where the economy is alittle bit stronger, and there are more 2 parent working families,plus have the space in your home, an in home daycare is a good business to have.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:54 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Well, I do plastic canvas crafts but I am just burned out on it and looking for something new.
    CharityTipton

Comment by CharityTipton (original poster) at 2:54 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I think you need to figure out what you enjoy doing and what you're good at...then you can market it. If you want to do craft like things, maybe check out a site like etsy to get ideas :)
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 2:56 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• It's really hard to do something on your own...been there, done that. I have about 10 dozen tshirts left from a great idea I had about 10 years ago. Don't rule out the network marketing companyies. People are so concerned about paying a start up fee with a network marketing company, that is nothing compared to the money that is spent starting a business from scratch. Again, did I mention that I have about 10 dozen tshirts that never sold?

A network marketing company is the same as buying a franchise...just a ton cheaper. You get a marketing department, senior management, research and development department, training and so much more.

Sorry I can't recommend a business to start from scratch, because I still have so much money tied up in inventory that I can't get rid of. Good luck and best wishes.
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 3:08 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I saw your other post and thought about eBay since then. I know ladies who go to the clearance racks at high end stores and get clothes and shoes and resell on eBay. Just one idea.......
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:25 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I have a few ideas but they may not work for you- child care, house cleaning, tutoring or teaching a skill (sewing, crocheting, sign language, etc), errand running, web design, home bakery, selling on eBay, monthly craft activity business, blogging business, small marketing company to help small businesses in your area, birthday in a box (put together birthday packages and have a website selling them), write letters to children from Santa Claus, Easter bunny, cartoon characters, etc. There are so many things but it really depends on what your interests are. Also, once you decide on a few things, check to make sure what you will need. For example, some states allow home bakeries and some don't. Good Luck!

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 6:51 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with medical billing and small business marketing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:30 PM on Mar. 13, 2011