I hate not working now that i am pregnant!

My SO makes the money and he buys all this nice stuff for him but cuz i am not working i cant get anything and i hate it and when i ask my SO for something i have to keep asking. When i was working i bought him anything and everything. When he needed money i gave it to him no matter how much it was but when i need $20 he acts like its $100. Is there anyone out there like me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:54 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• why not work ? are you on bedrest? i was but i am working now try babies r us i knwo they hire pregnant women lol i see plenty of them in there
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 7:58 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I felt really guilty asking for money. I still do even though I am back to work but it is only partime. He doesn't have any problems giving me money whether it is 5 or 50. I think you should reevaluate the situation and have a talk. I wish you all the luck!
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:59 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• You really need to set him straight, was it his idea for you not to work or did you decide not to?
    Either way, you took care of him and now he needs to take care of you. He should do it for the simple fact that he loves you and wants to see you happy. Im not sure what to tell because I haven't experienced anything like this.
    TAG2.0

Answer by TAG2.0 at 7:59 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Why are you having to ASK him for anything? Just because you are not working outside the house and bringing home a paycheck, you are contributing to the family income by doing other stuff. You need to talk to him and explain how you feel, and tell him it's not just pregnancy hormones, too.
    Anonymous

• I will tell you how to solve this. Your new Job is to run your house. it is your responsability to do all the shopping, cooking, cleaning and also PAYING THE BILLS. This will put you in control of the bank accout. Put all your household expences on paper. Now after the baby is born you will need to add and extra $300/m just for the basic things you need for the baby. (thats about what it will cost just for diapers, wipes and formula)

....Continued on next post.................
    KittyCalais

Answer by KittyCalais at 8:22 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Now that you have a budget for food, bills, baby ect you each get an agreed upon amount as spending money and if your lucky enugh to have any left over it goes under a lock and key savings account for all the up comming things you need for the house like a new fridge or baby needs a bigger car seat in 8 months ect.
    Now you make your extra money by saving money in the house hold budget. Use coupons buy extra when things are on sale. Switch your phone bill to internet phone. Get on a smaller cell phone plan. Cut down to a smaller cable t.v. plan conserve water, electricity. the more you save on your bills is money in your pocket.

Your money and my money will all go out the window once the baby is born. After that its all the babys money and if he still has this attiude after the baby is born I would get woried and not plan on having anymore kids. Youwill have to call Dr Laura after that. Hope this Idea helps you.
    KittyCalais

Answer by KittyCalais at 8:23 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• first off thats not very nice of your so. It took people to make that baby. Anyways tell him how that makes you feel but if it doesnt help message me and I will give you my dirty little secret on making money from home without investing anything. It wont be enough to replace a full time job but could definitely qualify as part time income
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 8:27 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• no i am not on bed rest but i am 38 weeks and i also have to take care of are 1st child so you can say i am a stay at home mom (for now) but it hurts i cry cause i cant get what i want. With baby stuff we have to get what we need and every mother wants to get exrta stuff.
    Anonymous

• oh i see ok that makes sense then lol .. id tell him to stop beign a jerk lol nicely put ya know
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 9:04 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• i am not working while pregnant just cuz i didt know where would hire a pregnant woman, and now i'm about to deliver in a week... my husband and i have a joint account and we go shopping for baby stuff together. i dont really go shopping but if i needed something my husband would buy it for me because he knows im not able to work right now and he wants me to be home for our family. babies need their mommas! just cuz ur not making money doesnt mean ur not contributing. remind ur husband ur not trying to waste his money, but buy essential things
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 9:52 PM on Nov. 23, 2008