I feel so down:(Can any one give me any ideas..

I am a mom of 5, I have no friends, no family where I live. I have no social life whatsoever. Sometimes I feel like my life is all mommy chores and revolves around my kids and husband. Which I love, but sometimes I want something different. I want to be able to dress up nice and go out to a nice place, or have a get together with adults to have some drinks and adult conversations etc..But how can I, If i have no one around. I'm just venting and in need of advice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Just for Fun

• You need to meet some friends. What state do you live in? How far are you from living close to neighbors? What are your activities? Do you have interest in going back to school or taking up a hobby that will put you around some other people besides your children/spouse?
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 3:08 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Yep, you definitely need to get out for some alone time. If you live rural I can completely understand how that complicates the whole thing. Join a book club at the local library, get involved in a group that share an interest of yours, back to school one night a week, or even go once a week to the local gym. Good Luck to you.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:11 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Sounds like you need to do something for yourself. Join a softball league or sign up for a charity. Attending church and the activities they provide might be helpful as well. Even if you can just get a sitter every now and then so you and hubby can do something alone would be good.
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 3:13 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Go to meetup.com and search for groups that have to do with your interests....reading, hiking, sewing, volunteering, brunch bunch, etc You also could look for play groups and moms' groups. And as far as volunteering goes.......sometimes the more we give the more we get back. Just ideas. I wish you all the best!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:19 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Try meetup.com like suggested above or try to find a local MOMS Club. They're all over the country, so there's a good possibility there's one near you. Our annual membership is only $20 a month, and they do a mix of play dates with kids as well as brunches and a monthly moms' night out. If there's not one near you, going to the park or library can be a good place to meet other moms too. GL!

MOMS Club: Find a Chapter Near You
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 4:35 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• $20 a month

--

That should say $20 a year.
    pam19

• go to the Library
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 1:04 AM on Mar. 14, 2011