Have your kids ever embarrased you in public?

My oldest son was in first grade. He came home with a note saying that head lice was found in school. I was at the local pharmacy when the clerk ,who knew my son , ask him how he liked school. In front of two snooty ladies-he yelled "we have lice!" I could have melted into the floor at the shocked looks they gave him as I hurriedly explained that WE didn't the school had just sent home a note.

grammawjo

Asked by grammawjo at 3:10 PM on Mar. 13, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• sure he has, and i'm sure i'll do the same to him at some point.

btw..even if your kid had lice, that's no reason to be embarrassed. just treat it, get rid of it, and get on with life. lice is no a respector of persons. anyone can get it just as easily as ''those people''. (whoever they are!)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:12 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Oh yeah. I found its best to just ignore it. The more you try to explain the more judgemental people will become - at least thats my take on those kinds of situations.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:13 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Yes all the time. One of my "favorites" was I took my oldest dd (she was in kinder at the time) to Walmart. We were in a hurry and on our way to one of her friends bday parties. I was picking up a gift. Anyway she wanted something and I had told her we were running in only to get her friend a toy. Mind you I also had her brothers who were 3 & 2 at the time in the cart. She had a fit and started laying in front of my cart lmao, I ignored her and went around her. She would get up and throw herself in front of the cart again. This happened several times until we finally got to the check out. I am sure people though we were both crazy.

Answer by gemgem at 3:14 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• When my son was born we had problems with one of our toilets, we had to flush with a bucket of water and we did this for the longest time, when he turned 2, we went to a store, and had to use the bathroom, he kept asking everyone around "where is the bucket"? he thought this was the normal thing everyone did!

Answer by older at 3:14 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I love the stories.
    grammawjo

Comment by grammawjo (original poster) at 3:18 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Oh yeah...When I was pregnant with my last baby last year, I had sneezed at home and peed myself. My 5 year old was like Mommy whats wrong so I told him as I ran to the bathroom. The next day while we were at Walmart he says in front of alot of people "hey mommy remember when you peed your pants that one day???" And I was like OMG...
    AshleyLynnW

Answer by AshleyLynnW at 3:27 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• My daughter does this on a regular basis. It started at only a month old. I was holding her at the grocery store and she farted really loud, like way too loud for a baby. A little boy looked up at me and I laughed and told him it was the baby, my husband at the time said she always blames it on the baby.
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 3:34 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Where do I start? When I was a 1st time Mom. My DS was 3 days old and I took him to the doctor. We were in a mixed waiting room. Meaning 1 room 2 different offices. One the ped. on a family prac. I was sitting with ds and he pooed in his diaper. It was so loud and explosive you just couldn't imagine it coming from such a new baby. I was so embarrassed. All eyes were on me. I know they didn't think it was the baby.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 4:37 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Kids are funny and both my kids have done things that make me want to crawl under the nearest table and hide. But in my eyes those snooty people are worse. If I were in the store and a kids yelled that I would giggle.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 4:58 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• We have 4 young boys and i tell my husband to stop using the F word all the time. I dont swear and dont want our boys using that language. But to my embarassment, my 2yr old said "F**K it" to the lady in the check out line at our local grocery store.....i wanted to duck under the cart and hide. I just ignored it and went on paying for the groceries. I didnt want to make a big deal out of it because then he would be more likely to say it again.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 5:41 PM on Mar. 13, 2011