How do I make potty training for a little girl a game so she wants to use the big girl potty??

My daughter is two and is extremely free spirited. And does things her way or daddys way.

MommyBug32009

Asked by MommyBug32009 at 3:21 PM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter got a prize when she did use the potty. A sticker, mini candy bar, or something like that. It really only worked for my daughter when put her in real panties. Pull ups where only used when we had to leave the house. She got to pick out her own potty seat(the kind that actually sits on the real toilet) which did peek her interest for a couple days. I think that got the ball rolling for her.
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 3:31 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• ok well my daughter is kinda scared of the potty. dad and i hve tried almost everything. shell be two next weekend and i was hoping to have her potty trained by then.
    MommyBug32009

Comment by MommyBug32009 (original poster) at 3:46 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Try rewarding her. Tell her that you will get such and such if you use this potty and you will not get it until you use this potty.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 4:37 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• POTTY TRAINING ISN'T THE BEST GAME IN LIFE, JUST HAVE PATIENT WITH HER, AND SIT DOWN WITH HER, PLAY HAND GAMES WITH HER, SING TOO HER, LET HER READ A BOOK WHILE SHE'S ON THE POTTY, GIVE HER A CUP OR A SNACK. ENCOURAGE HER PLUS CORRECT HER WHEN SHE WET HERSELF. JUST KEEP PUTTING HER ON THE POTTY EITHER IF SHE SAY SHE DON'T HAVE TO GO. & IF U DON'T HAVE A TOLIET SEAT COVER FOR HER TO SIT ON THEN GET ONE OF THEM, BECAUSE THEY HELP A LOT, KIDS THINK THEY ARE GOING TOO FALL IN WHEN SITTING ON THE REGULAR TOLIET EITHER WHILE BEING HELD. GOOD LUCK ON THE POTTY TRAINING. I'M POTTY TRAINING MY 20 MONTH OLD DAUGHTER AND IT'S NOT EASY, JUST DON'T GIVE UP ON HER AND KEEPING TRYING. SOMETIMES I LET A DAY GO WITHOUT PUTTING HER ON THE POT BECAUSE I BE TIRED FROM WORK AND CLASS BUT I KEEP TRYING.
    paradyxe28

Answer by paradyxe28 at 12:40 AM on Mar. 14, 2011