What are your TRUE beliefs and why?

I know it's a touchy subject...no one is any better than any one else....just different beliefs for different reasons. I myself have a diverse way of looking at the world. It doesn't matter what the belief is, just that you believe for the right reasons and use it in a positive manner. We had a paper on this in psychology a few years back--how much parents, society, and so forth have an impact on an individuals belief system. It's always very interesting to me how people come about their ways! Thanks!!

PrincessStacy

Asked by PrincessStacy at 3:23 PM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am a Humanist/Atheist. I believe mankind evolved, that all living beings are energy and once we die, our bodies decay, but our energy remains- there is nothing paranormal about it, it's just what happens naturally. I believe human nature is not bad, wrong, evil or corrupt. We are not born in need of saving. I believe if we only trusted, loved and had faith in ourselves and our fellow man, the world would be a better place. I believe god(s) and religion are not necessary to lead a decent, moral, loving, kind and fulfilling life. Why do I believe this way? Because I have done my research, educated myself and listened to my heart and my mind.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 2:00 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I do not believe in any god, afterlife or supernatural entities. I do believe in doing the right thing, being kind to others, and being responsible and making wise decisions. I believe in instilling these qualities in my children through example and when needed discipline. I believe it is how I raise my children that will determine the kind of people they will grow up to be and not what their beliefs are.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:31 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I am an Atheist. I truly believe that if you put good into the world, you will get good out of it. If you give of yourself, you make someone else's load a little easier. If you put hate and anger into the world, it will come back after you. If you treat those you disagree with kindly and fairly, you are a good person. When you teach your children to be fair, kind, loving, to accept disappointment, to give of themselves, you are making the world a better place. I know these things are inherent in every religion, so I don't understand why they are so often only attributed to the religious; why each religion thinks the others don't believe in these things also. I truly believe that these are HUMAN mandates, not the mandates of some god; we should be kind because its right, not because its what jesus or whoever wants from his followers.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 3:33 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• my true beliefs, in general? the majority of people are good and 'neighborly', and the desire to be moreso is out there, but can get encumbered or squelched by life/influences of society or who/whatever yelled louder. not to say i think there are more followers than doers, but some quieter humans have a tendency to be followers.
    how do i think this way? my eyes are open, i listen to people around me, and i've lived long enough to experience a thing or two.
    ultimately, humans are good. its those few bad apples that cause the bushel to spoil.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:31 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I know nothing but I have ideas on everything. Those's ideas I do have I believe in from faith, from logic and from a sense that it is correct. I'm an Eclectic Pagan with Hellenic tendency's. I am an ex-Christian. I was raised within the fundamentalist structure of Christianity that was more of a mix of SDA, Southern Baptist and Messianic Christianity. It is an odd mix. But it never felt right for me despite my struggles and problems with the theology. To put it simply, the Gods I worship claimed me in my youth and have always been with me, supporting me, waiting for me to accept them which I did.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 4:01 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• What are your TRUE beliefs and why?

True Beliefs:
    I am a electric Wiccan-Witch, meaning that I follow the basics of the Wiccan Religion, but
    draw from many other Pagan paths (hence the electric) and I practice the Art of Witchcraft (which is not a religion)

Why:
    Bc I believe in Balance and that there can NOT be one without another... i.e. a Mother Goddess and a Father God
    that everything is reborn and is all a part of the ALL/Universe
    that no matter how much I studied, Christianity was not me, did not fit me nor I it...
    this does...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 4:57 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• We believe in God, the Father, the Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, and all that is seen and unseen. We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father, God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, one in Being with the Father. Through him all things were made. For us men and for our salvation he came down from heaven: by the power of the Holy Spirit he was born of the Virgin Mary, and became man. For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate; he suffered, died, and was buried. On the third day he rose again in fulfilment of the Scriptures; he ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead, and His kingdom will have no end. We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son. With t

adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 7:55 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I am an Eclectic Pagan Witch. The basis of my beliefs is that there is no perfect religion. Each religion has truth and lies all rolled up within it. And I believe that our connection to the divine is more important than any religious alliance.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:13 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Now as for the why, I find the idea of god, supernatural beings etc, illogical. As for my other beliefs, I find it is what contributeds to society in a positive manner and that one positive act influences others, etc.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:34 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I believe in God and I believe in in good works I believe you can talk about doing it or you can do it. The more you do the better you make someone elses life the better your life becomes faith can move mountains and faith can help you when your load is to heavy and doing can provide so much more for your own well being.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:37 PM on Mar. 13, 2011