Have you read Laura Schlessinger's "In praise of stay at home moms"?

If so, what did you think of it?

I'm reading it right now. While I'm not a huge fan of hers, it's a pretty interesting book, and she has very strong views. I can see how it could be very controversial. How did you feel about it, if you've read it?

I'm sticking this in Parenting Debate bc even though it's technically a form of entertainment for me, some of the views in the book are definitely debatable.

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 3:51 PM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Dr Laura is not my cup of tea she is okay just not for me.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:53 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• have not read it
    but now want too
    Anonymous

• I know, she irritates me a lot of the time, but then there are other times when I totally agree with her.
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 3:54 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I think she's really harsh, blunt, and honest and that a lot of people don't want to hear it. I have no idea why someone would call into her show if they didn't want to hear her opinion. If you've ever listened to one show, you'd know how she is. I think sometimes she's right on, and people don't want to hear the truth.
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 9:50 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• All things DLS speaks out agains,t are all things SHE has done: divorce, affair, working parent, shacked up, illegitimate child. Check, check, check, check and check. Clearly, I would find no need to read her fake advice.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:39 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• no
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:10 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• All things DLS speaks out agains,t are all things SHE has done: divorce, affair, working parent, shacked up, illegitimate child. Check, check, check, check and check. Clearly, I would find no need to read her fake advice."

Well, sometimes the best advice comes from past mistakes. I'd we wary of advice from someone who didn't have the experience to truly know what they were talking about. Sometimes she gives great advice, if you're tough enough to realize it and take it.
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 12:21 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I don't care for Dr.Laura either. I consider most of the advice she give to be bad so I am sure I wouldn't be interested in that book. I also DETEST the mommy wars debate and I'm pretty sure this is just her way of capitalizing on it.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 6:57 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Dr. Laura is one of the biggest hypocrits I've ever listened to. And she's rarely helpful, just mean and nasty to most of her callers. I'm thrilled that she's finally off the air.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 7:29 PM on Mar. 13, 2011