my youingest child is a bully what can i do to help him?

Erin

Asked by Erin at 8:22 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You have to nip this in the bud NOW!! If he continues to get away with bullying and suffers no consequences, he will keep right on bullying his way through life until he is a teenager. Remember, if you don't stop him, someday the LAW will!! I know I may sound like an extremist or fanatic, but i have seen this happen from the time I was in school myself, and if the child is not dealt with accordingly, he will bully (or attempt to bully) everyone around him, and someday will try to be YOUR boss! Have you ever watched an episode of Maury Povich when he has out of control teens on? Those kids are the result of parents refusing to take action when the child was little! He doesn't need "help", he needs DISCIPLINE.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 8:35 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• How old is your child?
    momofquinncruz

Answer by momofquinncruz at 9:57 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• My niece, whom I do daycare for is the same way, she bullies my daughter and several kids at preschool. We've found, though, that she only bullies kids who are as big as or smaller than her, never anyone bigger. So she knows she's wrong and that if she bullies someone bigger they'll fight back. I don't know if it's the same situation, but we tried time outs and corners and naps and in the end we had to sort of use "do unto others." So if she breaks their toy, they break one of hers, or get to keep it. If she pushes them down, her mom tells the other kid to push her back... It didn't seem healthy to me at first, but it seems to have convinced her that eventually someone will fight back and she's backed off the bullying with everyone since then.
    BabyLove1982

Answer by BabyLove1982 at 11:21 PM on Nov. 23, 2008