Defaulted student loans

Does anyone know how to get student loans out of default so you can return back to school? Do they add them on to your new student loans so you pay them all back together?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Money & Work

• Call Direct Loans or google them. I had defaulted loans and they purchased them to consolidate and I was able to go back to college.

Answer by gemgem at 3:55 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Direct loans is who I went thru. They give you all the information to get the process started, and it is not a fast process. They do add them to your new student loans. It took me 4 months to get the process completed so I could get into Rad. Tech school. Good Luck. But just start at Direct Loans
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 4:01 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Yup, Direct Loans will take care of you. It's a govt agency so they will help you fix it all. They did for me.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:41 PM on Mar. 13, 2011