Am I being fair?

My hubby and I had a huge fight last night and he went out for 7 hours and came home at 3am. He proceeded to sleep alone and when he got up this morning sent me a text (we're in the same apt) to say sorry. I told him I have nothing much to say and if he has come say it to my face. the thing is we've been married 4 yrs now and I AM ALWAYS the one to go to him. If I'm wrong I go to him, If he's wrong I go to him. And he was really wrong last night, so I'm holding out because I am fed up of being taken for the good ole wife who is always coming to him. Am I wrong?

gutterflower585

Asked by gutterflower585 at 3:52 PM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• i feel what ur saying. he might not come to you tho because he's used to u always being the one wanting to smooth things over. i dont think your wrong and i hope he comes around. good luck.
    iluvmybabe

Answer by iluvmybabe at 4:05 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I understand how you feel, but it seems like the text, as silly as it was, is his way of going to you.
    KWnavywife

Answer by KWnavywife at 4:05 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• NO WAY YOU ARE NOT WRONG...YOU STAY YOUR GROUND BECAUSE IF HE IS IN THE WRONG THEN HE SHOULD BE THE ONE TO SAY HE IS SORRY...SO STAY STRONG AND GOOD LUCK
    lena695

Answer by lena695 at 4:06 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Talk to him about this. MAYBE you CAN get him to change?
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:27 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I understand the fighting part and no you ARE not wrong. When I get angry with my husband, I tend to be the one who walks off from an argument. Then when we both cool down, either we talk or apologize before going to bed. I hope everything works out for you both and GL
    MistyLuvs

Answer by MistyLuvs at 4:33 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Good grief. The man said he was sorry. That says a lot. Give him credit for that. HE came to you, yes by text but that should have opened the door for you to come talk to him (your way of communicating) about the incident. COMPROMISE.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:38 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• DH sometimes does the same thing....I'll be mad at him and go into the back room or leave the house to go cool off and he'll text me to say he's sorry (even if we're both in the same house) or he'll say he's lonely or something....to me this is his way of coming to me and apologizing.....even if it IS just a text, I know that sometimes it can be hard for some men to admit that they are wrong, so I will go to him and HE will apologize and we will both let it go. If you feel strongly about him being the one to PHYSICALLY come to you then you should stand your ground but if you think you can take his text in the...spirit in which it was texted lol....then cut him some slack.
    Good luck on this one mama....also it probably wouldnt hurt to sit him down and tell him how you feel. Hope everything works out for you honey
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 4:45 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I think I would have given in with the text. I'm a sap like that. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 5:18 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I know how you feel and you have the right to feel that way.....However he did say sorry via text which he needs to come face to face to you and say sorry it means more.
    Just tell him how you feel about his late hours especially being married and wait for him to say sorry, you have nothing to be sorry for..hold out.
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 6:08 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• you are not wrong hon
    CharityTipton

Answer by CharityTipton at 7:38 PM on Mar. 13, 2011