Ideas on making a rental house you own......

I was looking for ideas on personalizing a rental home. I cant change paint or appliances, but I still want it to SCREAM I live there. Some details include the house has hard wood floors, crown molding big rooms and lots of shelves. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Also I have a couch that has a small hole on the cushion and it is a good couch. I was wondering if I used one of the pillows that has the matching fabric to fix the couch it that would work. With 3 small kids I cant break my self into buying another one. So I'm trying to take the furniture I have and get them looking great again. We have the option to rent to own after a year and all paid during that first year roll to the total cost of the house. So even thought I have to wait a year to make the big changes, I still want it to Feel like me, like a home. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!

piorkowski

Asked by piorkowski at 3:54 PM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Wall decor, accent furniture, plants, counter tops, vases lamps. You can still personalize your rental without painting the walls. I live in a rented condo and my home looks amzing with the same dull colored walls in every room.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 4:04 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• area rugs, couch covers,
    paintings, plants, flowers,
    kitchen decor, bathroom decor
    all can fit your individual tatse
    window treatments too
    Anonymous

• Curtains, wall decorations and your own furnishings will make it your home. Lots of renters CAN pain their house as long as they paint it back to netural when they move. LOOK at your lease.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:26 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Thanks!!! I should hopefully have all my stuff in there tuesday. And then not the friday after that but the friday after that I think we are having his brother and sister and law over with there new baby for dinner and a movie. And I just want it to look nice.
    piorkowski

Comment by piorkowski (original poster) at 4:29 PM on Mar. 13, 2011