Who do you have the best relationship in your family? The worst?

I don't have a particularly good relationship with anyone in my family, which is really unfortunate because I have a huge family - seven siblings and I'm not all that close to a single one.
I have a terrible relationship with my youngest sister. She's 18 and she thinks she knows everything about the world, so she gets mad at me whenever I make a choice that's "wrong", according to her.

What about you?

AdensMama0308

Asked by AdensMama0308 at 3:56 PM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• I dont't have a best or worse relationship in my family.
    MistyLuvs

Answer by MistyLuvs at 5:13 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I am an only child, and I never knew my biodad, he died when I was 22. I have my mom but she & I dont get along 75% of the time. My step dad and me get along but are not close. I guess if I had to pick someone it would be my aunt. She and I were room mates awhile and growing up she was always a friend there for me. My dd and I are also very close, she is almost 22 with 2 kids of her own now.

Answer by gemgem at 3:58 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I have a pretty good relationship with everyone. My dad especially is really great. I don't have sisters but I have 3 aunts that are young and I grew up with them so they're like sisters to me. The only person I have a love hate relationship with is my grandmother. She is the old time kinds that believe men should be waited on hand and foot and gets mad with me because I am not cleaning the house 24/7.
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 3:59 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I have an absolutely wonderful relationship with my parents, brother, and husband. I have a good relationship with most of my extended family, but there are some aunts that I'm just really distant with, as well as a few cousins. I really disagree with the lifestyle of a couple of them, and I think they know it. I also think they're jealous of my family, and that creates tension. There is a lot of drama that goes on between my dad's side of the family, but my parents and us have always stayed out of it. They try to drag us into it, but we're more mature and just distance ourselves.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:59 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I PRETTY MUCH GET ALONG WITH ALL MY FAMILY BUT SOME OF THEM JUST DONT KNOW HOW TO ACT LIKE FAMILY SO I JUST STAY AWAY FROM THEM...BUT IM CLOSEST TO MY MOM AND MY YOUNGER SISTER BUT NOBODY IS CLOSER TO ME THAN MY TWO KIDS...
    lena695

Answer by lena695 at 4:04 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I am closest to my oldest sister, which is strange because we never were growing up because of the age gap between us, I would say its a toss up for the worst because its between my oldest brother who doesn't talk to any of us for some reason, or my sister because she likes to start trouble but she is an alcholic, but i use to be closest to her but over the last 10 yrs she has changed so much ande not for the better. but i still love all of them. there are 6 others.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 4:04 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Are we talking my immediate family (aka Husband and kids) or extended (parents in-laws etc.,). Clearly it's best with my husband or we wouldn't have even had kids (and they are awfully close to him). Extended family my best relationships are with my sisters. Worst probably with my MIL or brother (brother we just ahven't kept in contact, MIL we have different ideas on what is acceptable in terms of running a house). Aside from that though my whole family gets along GREAT!
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 4:07 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Best is my Dad, but it took Mom dying for me to have a great relationship with my Dad. Worst is my twin sister who tried to murder me in front of her 4 kids about 5 years ago. And she even physically attacked me at the funeral lunchon for Mom. They rest of the family I chat with on FB but Im not close to the rest of them.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:21 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• My best is my brother. He is wonderful. He is a catholic monk (studying to be a priest) and i am not religious at all and so we debate all the time and have lots of fun with it. He is always there when i need him! :) My worst (living) would be my older sister she doesn't care about anything but herself. worst (dead) my dad...I think i am one of the only people in the world who was happy when my dad died...he was a horrible person.

momofone072506

Answer by momofone072506 at 5:06 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• It hurts to not have a relationship with or loveones but we can't alow theme to deside or choice of life.i wish family can except each one for being indeviduels.
    urselbaker

Answer by urselbaker at 5:48 PM on Mar. 13, 2011