Naseau, fever, spotting...

I am 33wks preg and started having really bad naseau yesterday, wasn't able to eat anything b/c i couldn't keep even water down. I woke up this morning, still cant eat or drink, and have a low fever of 99.1. I started having painful contractions but thought it may be b/c i haven't drank anything. I went to the bathroom a bit ago and was spotting. We haven't done anything in a while so I know it isn't from sex. My doc office doesn't have adoc on call, do you think I should go to the ER or wait to see what happens and go to the doc in the morning? I am only asking b/c everytime I go to the ER they never listen and usually send me back out.

kayaiden8907

Asked by kayaiden8907 at 3:59 PM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would get to the doctor. Its always better to be safe than sorry and the worse thing they can do is send you home. I would call let them know whats going on and tell them ur on ur way.
    piorkowski

Answer by piorkowski at 4:16 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• The first thing that came to mind is it maybe the bearing down each time you are vomiting that maybe causing your spotting.. I know when I vomit it feel likes like I am throwing up my feet(old saying) ... I know what you mean about being on Medicaid... I had to use that when we had our first daughter because my husband didnt have a job that would cover his family under their insurance plan.. It is so hard, because it felt like they really didnt care.. i am sure you will be "ok" I hope you feel better... it sounds like you have the flu... try sucking on popsicles or ice at least it will get some liquid into your system... Dont hestate to go to the ER if you are not comfortable waiting till the morning, they may give you an IV to rehydrate you or send you home... who cares ...better safe than sorry...
    TraceyLu

Answer by TraceyLu at 5:15 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• im sorry you cant keep anything down! that sucks. the spotting could be from stress, of not being able to eat or drink anything. keep your feet up and try really hard to drink some water, make sure it is room temp and only drink lil sips here and there to hydrate you. also just rinsing your mouth with water actually puts a lots back in you, so if you are scared to swallow it, just gargle for now. eat some saltines (again just lil nibbles to get something in there) try some yogurt too. its easy on the stomach. i would call the advice nurse and see what they say about going to the er. Relax most importantly. if you are stressing about not eating, then stressing about the spotting, that could be whats giving you contractions. have someone rub your shoulders and forehead (your eyebrows, temples) tell the baby your arent ready yet! lol. GL i hope you are just being a normal worried mother and everything turns out fine!
    Arretsmomma5

Answer by Arretsmomma5 at 4:14 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• oh and if you feel warm but the fever isnt over 101, put a cool wash cloth over you eyes and forehead. that will help. maybe even a cool cloth on your tummy.
    Arretsmomma5

Answer by Arretsmomma5 at 4:15 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I know what you mean about the er kicking you right back out. I'd just wait to see what the doc says in the morning. If he tells you to go to the hospital ask him if he can call and tell them the problem so they don't just kick you right back out. Oh and go to the hospital that he has jurisdiction.
    prissysayshi

Answer by prissysayshi at 4:18 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• The problem is my doc office is weird, I have medicaid and it's basically the only option around here. They don't have doctors on call and ususally when you call with a problem they tell you to go to the ER. I know I just feel really horrible and I'm alone so it doens't help with the resting part :(
    kayaiden8907

Comment by kayaiden8907 (original poster) at 4:20 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• 99.1 isn't high enough for them to consider it a fever... at a norm of 98.6 i can hit 99.1 wearing a sweatshirt...
    i agree that the spotting could be from bearing down while puking...
    BUT that said, if you're not able to keep anything down, it's time to go in... but i would wait til the morning.
    asil

Answer by asil at 1:26 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Aww, honey, I hope you feel better by the time you read this! I'm guessing the cramping is due to the fact that you're dehydrated, which can make your amniotic fluid levels go down, hence the cramping. I wouldn't rush into the ER, because there isn't a ton you can do, but they'll push some fluids for you. Good luck!!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:45 AM on Mar. 14, 2011