Anyone ever had a vaginal hysterectomy?

I found out when I was prego with my child ( who is 2 now ) that I had cysts on my uterus which has caused me a lot of pain thoguhout my life. My Dr. has planned a to take it out in Aug. We are done having children, so we are okay with just having one.
My quesion is, what is the procedure like and what do I need to expect for pain and healing time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:48 AM on Jul. 9, 2008 in Health

• its a cake walk. three tiny incissions and you are done. it takes about 6 weeks for you to drive again, but i was able to do it in 2 since i had to drive my daughter to school. ummm...pain wise, i got fussed in the clinic for not taking enough morphine the night of the hysterectomy. it really wasn't bad at all. easier than a typical period for me. just do not squat down. and don't fold clothes. too much stretching too soon hurts. and congratulations. life on this side of a hysterectomy is awesome.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 8:19 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Vaginal hysterectomy: What you can expect - MayoClinic.com
    Jul 4, 2008 ... Vaginal hysterectomy removes the uterus through the vagina to treat gynecologic conditions.
    www.mayoclinic.com/health/vaginal-hysterectomy/MY00099/DSECTION=what-you-can-expect - 28k
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:43 PM on Jul. 9, 2008