Why am I having a strange discharge after a c section?

Hi- I had a c section 3 weeks ago and I'm just now getting over my period. I'm a little worried because I'm still cramping like I'm having my period but it's a yellowish / brownish color... no foul smell or anything, but I'm worried it's an infection from the surgery or something.... any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:27 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Health

• It's probably still postpartum bleeding. Remember, it's been in there for 9 months, so it may look a little weird. There is no "set time" that you'll bleed. As long as it's not foul smelling I wouldn't be too concerned. Call your doctor in the morning, it'll make you feel better to hear it from them :0)
    jms124

Answer by jms124 at 10:50 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• um, you mean your just getting over the postpartum bleeding? That isn't a period. And this is probably still that.
    Anonymous

• When the placenta seperated from the uterus it left an open wound. What you are describing is totally normal. Keep in mind some bleeding may resume as well.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 1:50 AM on Nov. 24, 2008