Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump


I am a unmarried pregnant woman in my early 20's and am trying to finish nursing school. I have a part time job but do not make very much and don't get many hours to work a week. I've never looked into accepting any goverment help so I do not know what all is out there that may help me. Just asking if anyone knows of anything because it is getting pretty tight for me. I live with my boyfriend but what he makes is just enough to pay our rent and main bills. I appreciate any answers very much :) I live in ohio if that helps at alll?...

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Money & Work

Answers (4)
  • Depends on what state you live in.......

    Answer by harris4 at 4:53 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

  • where you live out here in canada you can get help from welfare
    also we get gst cheque every three moths
    plus after the baby is born you would get baby bounce which is about 300.or more per child

    Answer by dutchcanadain at 4:54 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

  • Search here and see if you can find any resources for help


    Answer by elizabr at 8:22 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

  • I would just look at he site above and see what is available for you and what you qualify for. You might be able to get on food stamps or something.

    Wishing you the best of luck! :o)

    Answer by alyssamal at 8:31 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.