What do you think of moms who have a tramp stamp?

Do you have a tramp stamp and what's the point of them other than to make the world think that you're a tramp.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I thought about getting one there years ago but decided against it because of the term given to those tattoos. Now that I'm older, I think that is probably not a good place to get one no matter the reason you want one. I figure the only reason that term ever came to be is from what I've seen, some women got them, wore purposely revealing and more often that not trashy clothes so everyone could see their tat. Sexy is one thing. Obviously skanky is not.
    Anonymous

• And FYI, you don't get a tattoo to cover it up, you get one so people can see it. "

FYI, I have two tattoos, and both can be easily hidden. I got them for MYSELF. Maybe you do things to please other people, but I don't.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 5:03 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Oh for the love of Pete. What do I think of a mom with a "tramp stamp"? I think she has a tattoo on her lower back. I hate the term "tramp stamp". It means nothing to most people who get/have one. It means that they found a tattoo they liked, and chose to put it on their back. Having one doesn't make you slutty. I've known PLENTY of "tramps" that are tattoo-less.

And no, I don't have one.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 4:57 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I think they probably like tattoos and thought that was a good place to get one... Because there is NOT anything wrong with it. That is kinda like asking "What do you think of mom's who drive minivans? What is the point of them than other to look like a soccer mom?"
    brighteyesbryar

Answer by brighteyesbryar at 4:58 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• For starters, that's just a stupid name made up for the location of the tattoo. A tattoo can't make someone a tramp. I try not to be judgmental or listen to stupid stereotypes. I don't think anything about moms who have them. I wouldn't want one there myself, but why should I concern myself with why someone else might. I like to mind my own business as much as possible.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 5:01 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I don't have any tattoos.
    When I see one, I just think they found a tattoo and decided that was where it was going to go. When I've considered getting a tattoo that is one of the places I have thought of putting it and I am by no means a tramp.

And like a PP said, I know a few "tramps" who do not have any tattoos there.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 5:02 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I think my sister is a little high-strung, a lot stubborn, and highly unorganized, but it has nothing to do with her tramp-stamp.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:03 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I know some say there are no stupid questions, but I have to disagree. This is a stupid question if I've ever seen one.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 5:05 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I DO have a "tramp stamp" It's a picture of Mickey Mouse, and my last name and zodiac sign is incorporated into it, I got it on my lower back because it's one of the least painful places to get them. I think that anyone that would look down on someone for WHERE they got a tattoo is an ignorant fool. THAT is what I think about women with "tramp stamps"
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 5:06 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• OP, this post smells like sour grapes.

You don't "only" get tattoos so that people will see them. I have 2, and neither are visible with my clothes on. I got them for me - no one else. I can guarantee you that you probably pass by people in the store with "stamp tramps" all the time and you don't see them. You know why? Because they are covered by their shirts.

Not everyone is an attention whore like you, anon.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 6:11 PM on Mar. 13, 2011