What price?

I have been thinking about making plastic canvas decorations for hair accessories. What would be a fair price to sell hair accessories?

CharityTipton

Asked by CharityTipton at 5:05 PM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• $1. considering I get most of my daughters at the $1 store and they are super cheap
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 5:12 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• when making and selling anything, incorporate the cost of materials (if you buy wholesale or get it cheap, the cost of materials is still retail, dont sell yourself short!) and factor in the time it takes you to create! and that is fair pricing.
    Arretsmomma5

Answer by Arretsmomma5 at 5:13 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Since they are home-made and unique, I'd say around 8-10 dollars.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 5:17 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• They can cost a bit more than mass-market ones of similar quality, but really, it depends on how good they actually look, and how much of a market there is for them.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 5:25 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Start a little high to see if they sell. You just have to be willing to adjust the cost as the market dictates.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:16 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• IDK...I see some little girl hairbows in specialty shops selling for a lot! I would start between $5 and $10 and then adjust
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 8:31 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I agree with around $5. I work with plastic canvas myself, it is relatively inexpensive, so your main expense is the other material and the time involved. I don't worry about time for mine, since I am retired and have Social Security coming in regularly, but the materials are what I worry about. I sell at flea markets, so try to keep my prices down considerably, but be fair, don't underprice yourself. If you give a price, give it a good trial. If it doesn't sell at that price, try a lower one. If you are selling directly to the customer, maybe they can give you a better feel for the market price.
    tngrandma

Answer by tngrandma at 6:39 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• anywhere from $2 up to $8 depending on what you use
    miranda2011

Answer by miranda2011 at 9:48 AM on Mar. 28, 2011