If you let your kids watch TV, what shows/movies do you let them see?

MiMiKKrY

Asked by MiMiKKrY at 8:47 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Entertainment

• Baby Einsteins and that is about it.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:50 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I let my 5 yr. old watch anything he wants on sprout and he just got wind about Bakugan at school so i let him see 1 show a day on Cartoon network. I let my 8 yr. old daughter watch icarly and the discovery channel also animal planet (sometimes, if not about mating), and the baby is not allowed to watch TV he is only 10 months old and i heard that watching tv at this age could rewire his brain.. they link early tv watching to ADHD.
    AmFam5

Answer by AmFam5 at 8:51 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• disney movies and the cartoons i watched as a kid i hate this stuff they have now so i have things on dvd like rescure rangers tale spin lol even tiny toons bug bunny tom and jerry and the old superman even got soem popye .. i just hate this stuff now so i stick with what i know
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 8:55 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Sesame Street, Dragon Tales, Dora, Backyardigans, Diego, Play with me Sesame, in that order, then it's nap time. lol. sometimes he'll watch other things on the Sprout channel, but that's rare.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 8:56 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• We don't have cable so we have one cartoon chanel during the week and 2 on the week end so during the week they don't watch much and on the week ends they watch tbn christian cartoons.
    supermomof924

Answer by supermomof924 at 11:15 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• We don't have cable but they can watch whatever they want... They love Super Y, Sesame Street, Blue's Clues, Family Guy, The Simpsons, and Dragon Tales...

The only thing they are NOT allowed to watch is Mr.Rogers... That guy was just sick!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:08 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Pretty much whatever. They usually choose age appropriate shows but I don't censor much (mainly graphic, realistic violence, gratuitous sex and excessive cussing). They are allowed to watch G-PG-13 movies for the most part and can watch some R movies (very rare but there are a couple they've seen). Just the other day my 7yo son watched The Patriot with me. He loves anything about wars so it caught his interest.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:16 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• my son is 4 .. so he watches disney, nick, he likes to watch things w/ fighting too , dont say ima bad mom its my opinon, he knos its bed if he does it , and they do it cuz they get paid to do it (lol , only way i knew how to explain it) , like war movies , wrestling ... etc ... simpsons , ... umm ... i let him watch watever , i just press the info button to see wat its about and rated , (he was repeating cuss words that he heard in music and tv for a while ... but he doesnt repeat it anymore , just sum words in sum soungs he cant stop quick enuff lol ... he CANNOT watch the wiggles tho , i dont condone watching gay men play together
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 12:00 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Pretty much anything kid related. The only ones I've forbidden right now is Fairly Odd Parents.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 9:38 AM on Nov. 27, 2008