Any other teen moms/ teens expecting that want to share advise?

Im 18 and my baby is due in June. It's hard to go through the whole experience without anyone to talk to who is in the same situation.

lizjones

Asked by lizjones at 5:46 PM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I have a friend who's daughter was pregnant at 13 and had baby at 14! They manage just fine! I sure hope you have lots of support from family! I had my son at 19. Please just stay in school!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 5:55 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I got prego at 17, had her at 18. Then had my 2nd at 21. It's tough, but babies are a blessing. The BEST advice I can give you is to never give up, keep your patience, and love that baby more than life itself. No matter how hard times get, just don't give up, because in the end, it's so worth it. I am a single mother, not sure if you are, hopefully you still have the father around. And make sure you are using precaution after you have the LO. Because more than one is so hard. goodluck momma!
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 5:57 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• birth control
    cheribabii613

Answer by cheribabii613 at 6:02 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• i got pregnant with my first at 19. luckily i had a great support system from my parents. i moved back in with them before my pregnancy was over and the father left us, and i was able to get back on my feet & get a job while i lived under their roof with my baby. do you have a good support system? it really can make all the difference. *hugs*
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:10 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• My sister was pregnant at 17 and had her baby at 18. From the very beginning she understood what it meant to be a mother, and embraced that responsibility. She worked her ass off to provide for my niece, and to try to make a better life for them by entering college as soon as she could afford to. She did not go out, she did not have a social life for a long time, and since we were able to see how hard she was working for the benefit of her daughter, NOBODY in our family withheld any help we could offer her.

I respect her very much, and for the benefit of yourself and your child, know that it can be done, and it can be done well, but there is a sacrifice involved. If you show that you are busting your behind to provide a good, stable, life for your daughter, I am sure you will be able to draw from your support system with ease.

And NEVER feel shy about asking for advice.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:37 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I had my little girl when I was 16. Now I'm 19, she's 3, & we're both happy & healthy. My advice to you would be just to trust your instincts, they've been getting mothers through for centuries! I know what you mean about having no one in the same situation to talk to- it's very easy to feel isolated when you're a young mother. I lost quite a few "friends" because I didn't want to go out anymore. Please feel free to PM &/or friend request me, I'd love to get to know you better! Hugs!

KA91

Answer by KA91 at 6:40 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Thanks to all of the supportive and helpful comments :].

I guess it would have helped if I had given you more information, lol.

I was pregnant at 17 in october, and I just turned 18 in January. I am not going to highschool anymore, but I am being tutored so that I still graduate and get my diploma. I have college ideas of being an EMT.
    Im not in highschool because of how horrible everyone treated me, and it didnt just start when I was pregnant, it was like that before also.
    I get critisizm because my boyfriend (well, technically finace) is basically twice my age, but he is the father and he is still and will continue to be in the picture. We have our own place and I plan on providing for my baby very well and I already love him with all of my heart.
    I dont really have support from my family. I dont talk to them much at all and one of my older sisters has basically disowned me and my other older sister just critisizes me.
    lizjones

Comment by lizjones (original poster) at 12:22 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• And what was up with the "birth control" comment..?
    lizjones

Comment by lizjones (original poster) at 12:24 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• i think the "birth control" comment was to dig at ya...
    but either way, you're preggers, it won't help now! I'm not a teen mom, but i have known many teen moms. one of my best friends had her first baby (and only so far) on her 16 th birthday... it was rough but she has managed to graduate hs and college, has her own place (not with the dad anymore) and provides for her and her now 10 year old!
    keep your head up... there are some moms out there that will be supportive... there are those that won't...
    asil

Answer by asil at 1:21 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Birth control DOES NOT always work. Im also 18 & pregnant with my 1st. I was taking the pill and Im still pregnant. My mom also got pregnant while on BC. Thats how I got here.

Anywho, I completely agree about it bein hard not havin any1 in your situation to talk to. Yes I have my mom and the rest of my family but its not the same as talkin to sum1 goin thru it with you. My aunt got pregnant at 13 and had her 1st at 14 so shes realy th eonly person I can relate to. My fiance is a great listener but of course he cant tell me how to deal with anything.
    LilMama0620

Answer by LilMama0620 at 5:45 PM on Mar. 15, 2011