Are you killing yourself to get through everyday life?

Okay so I don't do much, I'm going back to school and I'm working full time and I have one toddler - many women do much more with a great deal more grace and capability. So, why do I feel like my body isn't keeping up? Does anyone else feel like this?

I just got insurance back for the first time in two years and I'm going to the doctor this month, and I'm not sure exactly how to explain to him that I have stressed off about 25 lbs, drink boatloads of coffee and still can't keep up, catch a stomach bug thing about once a month and get chest pains...just because I'm tired?

Seriously, am I alone here???

sweetphoenix529

Asked by sweetphoenix529 at 5:48 PM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Health

• I hear ya I went to the dr for a physical and found out that my gall bladder was bad (needed that out), that I had MRSA in my blood, and that I had depresion. Alot to take in all at one time. I feel so much better now that my gall bladder is out and i am on meds for the depresion. I sleep better and feel like I can do it all. ( i am a single mom of a 4 yr old)
    logansmom6106

Answer by logansmom6106 at 5:52 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I'm exhausted every single day. I'm 61, work full time outside the home, raising 2 grandchildren ages 6 and 7 for more than 5 years now, and taking care of a disabled + recovering from a car accident husband. I've had strep for 2 weeks and although it is finally starting to clear up I've developed a very deep constant cough. I don't sleep well, I toss and turn almost every single night. Yep I'm tired!
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 5:52 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I work about sixteen hours a day between work and sixteen credit hours, I have my own company and its hard work right now but someday it will all pay off
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:05 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Hopefully the chest pains you are having are due the "buttload of coffee" you've been drinking. Try the 1/2 caffeine coffee-Maxwell house Lite is pretty good. Glad you're going to see the Dr. He'll run some tests to make sure you're not "out of whack". I think it's "Busy Mom Syndrom" or BMS- ha - close enough, right? -lol Hang in there- & hope all turns out well at your Dr. Appt. :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:14 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• No. You're not the only one and I think what you are doing is normal. I work full time outside of the house as a teacher, tutor part time after hours, attend grad school full time, homeschool my oldest, and I am due in May with our 3rd daughter (other kids are 5 and 2).

The strange thing is that when I'm not pregnant, I feel like I keep up without so much stress...but the fact that I am constantly tired does not make getting through this busy schedule any easier. Plus, I am getting sick a LOT more than usual, and I assume this is from being so worn down.

I have stopped talking to my doctor about it, because they will tell you "you have too much on your plate...can you turn to family or friends for help...make sure you're getting 8 hours of sleep a night...blah, blah, blah". Like we don't know that already! LOL! It just isn't usually possible.

I just keep plugging knowing that it wont last forever.

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:21 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Oh, and I also try to do things strategically in a way that will make my life easier. For example, tonight I just made hamburger helper for dinner, but instead of frying one lbs out of a 3lbs roll...I fried it all...now tomorrow I just have to reheat some of the meat and add taco seasoning for tacos, and the next night the rest will go into a pot of spaghetti.

Instead of putting the leftovers away never to be seen again, I put it away in the lunch tray I take to work, so I have lunches ready to grab and go for the next 2 days.

I let a lot of housework go. My toilet takes the same amount of time to clean whether I do it twice a week or once a week. I put laundry directly into the washing machine and when it gets full, it gets started. By no means is my house spotless...but I keep in my mind that I do what I can when I can. Everyone in the house can deal with it or do it themselves!

Just do what you've got to do.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:26 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• How old are you? I feel your situation is a bit of psychological as well...
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 10:49 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• You are not the only one. Definitely go to the doctor for that physical, just to make sure nothing is wrong. People kept telling me it was all in my head, I was overstretching myself, to eat better, to sleep more. After 4 1/2 years of pushing the doctors, I was diagnosed with lupus.
    catsmom1993

Answer by catsmom1993 at 11:24 PM on Mar. 14, 2011