Babies at my class reunion?

Should I take my babies with me to my 5 year class reunion? What do you think?? My son is 2 and my daughter is 7 months, They usually go everywhere with my Dh and I. However I think there may be drinking, and I'm thinking that as much as I would love to take them, I just don't think it wouldbe appropriate. I think I would be chasing my 2 year old around while trying to pacify my 6 month old, and the whole point is to catch up with people from school... Idk. Also I don't really drink, but when I do, I get a babysitter, I do not drink and be around my babies ever. And I think it might be nice to have a drink with some old friends and catch up...

WhitneyMommyOf2

Asked by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 6:03 PM on Mar. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• They should not attend a high school reunion.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:06 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Children will not be accepted at a reunion

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:07 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Unless it is a FAMILY picnic, don't bring your children.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 6:09 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Kids do not belong at a class reunion. If you can't find a sitter don't go.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 6:10 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Thanks everyone =)
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Comment by WhitneyMommyOf2 (original poster) at 6:10 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I would not take my young children to a class reunion. You are right, you would be chasing your 2yr old around and trying to care for your 6 month old. Even having to take my 4 boys ages 6, 4 1/2, 2 1/2 and 11months old to a doctor appt is a challenge. I would get a sitter that you trust and go and have a good time for a few hours.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 6:10 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Unless it's pointed out that it is a FAMILY AFFAIR, it is not appropriate.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 6:12 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I would say unless children were specifically invited, not to take them. I know my classmates and I are having a BBQ as a more informal class reunion this summer and we are encouraged to bring our entire family. Our graduating class was less than 100 and for the most part, we have kept up with each other very well on facebook and myspace. It has been fun watching everyone become parents!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:13 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Bring PICTURES ...and/or take some quick videos on a camera and keep it in your purse.
    Anonymous

• At some reunions, they have an afternoon get together that includes the children. But it is specified. If it does not say, I definitely would not take the kids. But by all means take pictures to share.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:21 PM on Mar. 13, 2011