When did your child go to his/her 1st movie?

I want to take my 1 yr old to a half hour movie. Do you think he is to young?

lmt_mom2010

Asked by lmt_mom2010 at 6:28 PM on Mar. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• My kids were all little babies, like less that three months the first times they accompanied us to the movie. But they were not there to watch it. I am not sure how your baby will react. I think unless it is expensive, I would try it.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:30 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• My oldest son was 5 when he went to his first movie....my 2nd son was 4 and my 3rd son was 2.....i also had my 2 month old with us then.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 6:31 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• My daughter's first time was yesterday and we saw rango which wasnt really the best movie for kids
    jessalyns_momma

Answer by jessalyns_momma at 6:37 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• My little girl went to the movies when she was little but it was a movie for mommy and daddy. The first time she went to see one that was for her was at 4 years old.
    Shannon706

Answer by Shannon706 at 6:38 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I can't quite remember how old DD was when she first went to the movies. I believe it was for Horton Hears a Who, so whenever that was out, and she's 5 now. If you want to take your 1 year old, I would make sure it's a movie he might enjoy, and go during the day, and prepare for him to maybe not sit quietly through it. Plan to go, if you want to, but also plan to possibly leave early.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:45 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• My son was 3.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 8:11 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Some were still infants. My first was only a few months old and would sleep better with the loud speakers of a theater. My recent little one....he's almost 2 and when he was maybe 7 months old he was fine. Candy and cuddles...now he's a bit older, but now he's a chatter box and wont' sit still so it's a learning experience. A half hour movie will be an easier experiment for you.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 8:14 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• My oldest was 18 months. He sat through the whole thing. My youngest is 20 months and has zero interest in even short shows on tv so I don't think he'll be ready any time soon.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 8:18 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Yes he is to young. Babies that young get bored real quick.
    annie610

Answer by annie610 at 9:54 PM on Mar. 13, 2011