I really need some help with this, if any Momma's are divorced or have a baby but not with the daddy please read

So my daughters father and I have been divorced for almost 3 years. But when we were together he wanted nothing to do with my daughter and didn't have nothing to do with her till he got with his new wife. My daughter was born sep 2007 andhe got with his new wife in late 2008. But my thing is I have full custody and they are mad cause I don't think my daughter needs to go on a cruise to the Bahama's. I was hoping someone else may have delt with this.. My daughter's farther sees her some now but it is mostly his wife that has anything to do with her... all opinions are welcome

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:33 PM on Mar. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• Wow, if you trust them, I would let the baby go. It is her father and if the stepmother loves the baby all the better. It can build such great self worth to know they are loved by all their parents.
    What is your reason for not wanting the baby to go. Does her father and new wife have other children?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:36 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• No the father and the stepmother have no other children.. The step Mom wants my daughter to call her mom and the father use to be beat me and my daughter thats the whole reason i left.. We never get along and im just afriad that if he takes her i wont get her back
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:41 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Better late then never, I think if he wants to be part of her life and be a good dad, then you should let him. Now about his new girl, you can't pick who hes with anymore, even through that does mean she will be around your little girl. Does she treat your daughter good? Some dads never step up, and its not too late yet. Shes still young and if she does develop a relationship with the other woman, as hard as that is for you as her mom, you need to remember that the love you have for your littl girl is way stronger then the hat you have for you ex new girl.
    Kimberly71682

Answer by Kimberly71682 at 6:42 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Regardless of custody, visitation, etc, I wouldn't think it's a good idea for a 3/4 year old to go on a cruise.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:44 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• they argue over everything and act like they are in high school again yes i know im only 22 but i grew up like i was supposed to ya know.. and they only get my daughter when the court allows it and half the time they want to change times so they can go out and party
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:48 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• If he is abusive or has been abusive, I definitely would not allow them to take the baby out of the country. Real bad idea. Does the baby have a passport? Depending on the cruise, kids that age can have great times. Actually, I have custody of my granddaughter and she is four. We are thinking of taking her on a cruise in the next year. I just feel guilty about not taking the other grandkids. I took three to DisneyWorld last summer. It was fantastic fun, but a real job.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:50 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• no she doesn't have a passport and the father and step mom are saying they don't need one but i'm about positive you have to have one i've talked to people that has been on one and they had to have it
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:55 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• You don't have to have a passport if you are cruising to the Bahamas. It's considered a closed circuit cruise, which means it starts in the US and ends in the US, so no passport is needed. However, that only applies for cruising. Should something happen and they need to fly home, for say a medical emergency, they can't do that without a passport.

Now, to your question. I wouldn't let them take her on the cruise if he has a history of being abusive, etc. If you have full custody, you have the final say in the matter and if you don't want her to go, then don't.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 7:51 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• My baby daddy left me he has a history as well and I don't let my daughter go anywhere with him and his wife a. New women dosnt make the man any6 diff if he put his hands on u and ur daughter hell do it with his new girl if he hasn't already id be care full
    Sage11

Answer by Sage11 at 8:03 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Well you don't have to let the child go on a cruise for sure. Some da whn the chiild is grown.. Her dad is going to feel really awful that he did not spend time with the child.
    annie610

Answer by annie610 at 9:52 PM on Mar. 13, 2011