What is the best e-reader? Pros and Cons please.

Hi, I love reading. I am a voracious reader and I love the feel of the books. I've held out so far thinking that an e-reader couldn't possibly be as satisfying as an actual shelf of books.

Then we started preparing the house for baby. Packing and moving different rooms we've realized that between my husband and I we have close to 1,000 books - and that's after we donated several boxes to charity when we married.

I think we have a problem! Hi, my name is Angel, and I'm a hoarder! Of books at least.

To solve this dilemma we are donating them to shelters, clinics, rest homes, etc. My concern is that we'll just buy more books!

So, I see e-readers in our future.

Do you have one? Do you love it, hate it, or just kinda use it? Which one did you choose and why?

angelmommy11

Asked by angelmommy11 at 6:52 PM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Entertainment

• I have a B&N Nook Wi-Fi, and I LOVE IT!  I just got it for Christmas, and it is the best thing ever!  I chose it over the Kindle because I can get books from anywhere and either direct load them or sideload them via bn.com, the library (using OverDrive), and various sites that offer eBooks (using ADE).  I have over 200 books and most of them were free :)  The Nook also has a Lend-Me feature, which means you can borrow or lend a book one time for 14 days.  I still read 'real' books from the library, too.  I am not a book-buyer for myself unless it is something I know I am going to read again and again.

beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 6:58 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Thanks Beckie - I like the lend me feature. That's one reason I like the "real books." I like to share!
    angelmommy11

Comment by angelmommy11 (original poster) at 7:00 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Oh, and I use it every day :) 

beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 7:00 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• The downside to the Lend-Me is that you can only lend the book once.  Period.  Kinda crazy. 

beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 7:01 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I have the Nook Color and absolutely LOVE IT!!!! Besides all the great features that beckie66 mentioned, the Nook Color is in, well... color. lol The websites look great, just a little smaller but not a big deal to me. You can listen to music on it and it is a touch screen too. I recommend it!!
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 7:12 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Thanks shanlaree! I think I like the color one too because it would be good for children's books once the baby comes.
    angelmommy11

Comment by angelmommy11 (original poster) at 7:22 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Yes, you can read children's books and magazines, I really love mine!!
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 7:27 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• sorry if I sound stupid but what is an e-reader; never heard of it
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:11 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Christmaslver68 - you don't sound stupid at all! An e-reader is a kinda new thing so you might not have seen it yet, or if you saw it you might only know the brand name.

It's a tablet (about the size of a book but as thin as a legal pad) that stores books in it like a computer. It has a screen on it so you can read the books. I think the most popular ones are kindles, nooks, reader, and some include the ipad. Some of them also let you play games, surf the internet, etc.

Here's a link with more info: http://ireaderreview.com/2010/01/26/good-ereader-ponderings/
    angelmommy11

Comment by angelmommy11 (original poster) at 11:24 AM on Mar. 14, 2011