How did you potty train you Daughter or Son??

My daughter is 3 years old and refuses to potty train. She will be 4 in September. She want to go to school and it's just really really hard and I've tried everything I can think of... PLEASE HELP

jessalyns_momma

Asked by jessalyns_momma at 6:58 PM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Sad to say, I didnt. The nanny did.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:58 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• i wish i had a nanny right lol
    jessalyns_momma

Comment by jessalyns_momma (original poster) at 7:00 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I took her to go pick out her own panties and potty chair. When we got home I told her no more diapers and it was time for her big girls. I put the diapers away and she never wore them again. It took about 2 weeks of accidents and she finally got the hang of it. Make sure to have a reward system. I did made a chart and everytime she went potty on the potty we put a sticker of her choice on there, when all the boxes were filled she got a treat. I think there was about 5 squares for each treat. Also we had a potty dance.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 7:07 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Also, take her to the potty with you, let her sit on hers to get comfortable with it and show her what a good job mommy does by going potty. Make it exciting.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 7:08 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• ill have to try that
    jessalyns_momma

Comment by jessalyns_momma (original poster) at 7:09 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• All kids are different and you should not expect to much from of her. My last is a boy that is now 4, I had to go get the potty training book from barnes and noble. My other 3 kids that are girls did not require this they did what mommy did.
    dubewife

Answer by dubewife at 7:32 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• every day when i went pee or poo, I would have her sit in her potty next to me in the bathroom. Sometimes he would pee, sometimes she would not. when she did, we would make a big deal out of it & get all excited & have a party. it was cute, because when mommy pooped, she would celebrate for me. Anyhow, this works like a charm. She was completely potty trained at 26 months, she started her curiosity at 15 months.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:33 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I just waited until they were ready.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 3:11 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• consistency is the key just stay on top of it and ask her every hour if she needs to go potty
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 11:35 AM on Mar. 16, 2011