Duvet Cover

Have you made one? Easy or hard? What would be your recommendations?

Thanks!

lah0027

Asked by lah0027 at 7:00 PM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Home & Garden

• LOLOL Do REAL people actually put their comforters IN a pillow case? That just cracks me up!! It's like putting on sock covers to keep your socks clean. LOLOL
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:02 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Yes, I've made them. They are relatively easy IMO. It is like making a big pillow case and then you have velcro tabs inside to keep the comforter in place. And at the opening some have buttons, some velcro, some snaps. I would imagine there are directions online.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:10 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I never made one but I like them bc if I have a favorite comforter and want to keep using it all I have to do is match it up with whatever pattern or color I'd like for the week or month and go with that. ;)
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 7:13 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Yup, there are directions online and videos too. The one I just watched uses ribbons inside to hold the comforter in place. Easier than velcro.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:14 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Yes, I've made them too! The easiest method is purchasing two flat cotton or flannel sheets, fleece or lightweight blankets/coverlets, in the size of your comforter, and place them back to back and sew along three sides, then along the fourth side you can add decorative buttons, snaps closures, or velcro strips to "seal" the top end after stuffing it with your comforter.

To those who think duvets are "silly," it's an inexpensive way to change the look of your bedding. And when you buy the sheets that you like, you can also purchase pillowcases or shams that coordinate.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:34 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• duvets are so comfy!
    xLeeAnnex

Answer by xLeeAnnex at 3:16 PM on Mar. 18, 2011