What do you think of "Hoarders"?

Is it people just being lazy or something else?

girliemom0406

Asked by girliemom0406 at 7:08 PM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I think it's DEEP mental problems that cause people to hoard. That TV show about them? I just want to see the people be tied up while others come in and throw all that crap away on them, or pile it in the yard and burn it on them. Have you seen some of those crazy hoarders?? Man O man!!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:11 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I've always been fascinated with human psychology, and Hoarders is simply fascinating in a disgusting sort of way. It's amazing how a person's grief manifests itself. But I'll never comprehend how some of the hoarders STILL can't get their act together even at the prospect of losing their minor children! I mean, really, what WILL it take for the people to realize they have a serious problem that needs to be addressed STAT!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:29 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I absolutly LOVE that show lol....I think that it's some kind of mental problem....if it was pure laziness getting rid of things wouldnt reduce them to tears and temper tantrums
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 7:11 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I don't think it's laziness rather than something else that is going on with these individuals.
    dubewife

Answer by dubewife at 7:11 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• They aren't lazy, hoarding is a disease called disposophobia.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 7:17 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Mental illness-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 7:00 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• They have a mental issue going on. It's shocking to me to see that show but I am the exact opposite.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:32 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• On some of those shows i think it's laziness but on Hoarders, no. I think it's horribly sad and i feel terrible for those people.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 7:33 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Definitely something else. It's an illness, like depression or bipolar disorder. And it's really sad.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:40 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Hoarding is part of an OCD disorder. These people cannot let go of "things" because it makes them anxious so they save everything and can't get rid of anything.
    twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 9:43 PM on Mar. 13, 2011